vortex viper ffp 6x24x50

banus02

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we've received our first shipment direct from Vortex today and "most" of what we ordered was on it. Alas, non of the 6-24x50 SFP's or FFP's though!

I've been told they will probably/should be shipping at the end of the month.

Are the 6-24x50 HS-T back in stock?

So we've received our first shipment direct from Vortex today and "most" of what we ordered was on it. Alas, non of the 6-24x50 SFP's or FFP's though!

I've been told they will probably/should be shipping at the end of the month.

same problem riflecraft had then, I hope it improves major, my viper 24 mag sfp could be bought for £500 if anybody is intrested.

• 2 weeks later...

The illuminated reticle would be ok on deer size target in last mins of light but not on small targets.the whole reticle lights up.if it was just the small cross in the very middle it would be fine.

With the lowest settings, there is not enough flare to wash out the target - irrespective of the size of your quarry.

• 1 month later...

Mmmm... the OP, and the tracking video have given me pause for thought.

This is the first time I've seen or heard anything bad about the Vortex scopes.

I was on the brink of purchasing this exact scope (6-24x50 FFP MRAD EBR-1), but now I'm a bit worried by multiple scopes, from multiple owners, failing to track correctly.

Vortex might have the best warranty out there, but if the replacement scopes themselves are in such short supply – that's not ideal.

I wonder if the 6-24x scopes are in such short supply because they are having to replace more than they anticipated?

I have a Viper 6-24 PST which Im happy with but it was the second one, first one went back via Riflecraft and was replaced in 4 days.

Im a fan of this scope and I need another scope in this class but I have decided not to buy another as there are supply problems at present. If you buy one when the next batch hits the UK and it has a problem I have no confidence there will be any left to replace it. Its not good spending your hard earned cash only to find the product you buy has problems and you have to wait ages for a replacement.

Vortex should either fix the supply problems or pull out of the market here, the way things stand its a hopeless situation and thats coming from someone who likes their scopes!

watch this and make your choice,and this is the Razor HD

N.B.

This scope was sent back and replaced there is a follow up video or comment saying this and tracks perfectly! Even Khales scopes do the same!!!

After meeting Martin from Vortex UK at the RRC I would have no worries buying another scope from Vortex. Not many companies would be paying three staff here in the UK to promote their products and look after warranties. I'm sure if I had any problems with either of the three Vortex scopes I have, they would sort it.

After meeting Martin from Vortex UK at the RRC I would have no worries buying another scope from Vortex. Not many companies would be paying three staff here in the UK to promote their products and look after warranties. I'm sure if I had any problems with either of the three Vortex scopes I have, they would sort it.

They cannot supply you with what they do not have, that is my point.

So I spend £600 on a scope that then have a fault, there are no scopes in the UK to replace it with and the lead time for another shipment can't be confirmed - what then?

The latest batch of 6-24x50 PST's has been five weeks away for months now.

• 4 weeks later...

Any more info on these?, I was planning on going off to the US and picking up another Sightron SIII while I was over, with the new IR range now out the non-IR 8-32x56 can be found for around the £500-£550 mark.

However, travelling is not something I do well and it looks like it may not be practical. Looking round I see the HS-T 6-24x50 sfp are selling for around £505, or there's the Bushnell Elite Tactical 4.5-30×50 at around £610,

how do they compare to the Sightron ?

on the subject of vortex scopes, a friend just got money for a new scope,, he asked me what scope he should buy I said one that suits you I use mk4 loops on all my rifles and they have never let me down once, he looked through my loopy and was very impressed he had £850 to spend and I said have look on this forum for a mk 4 loopy as they are always popping up for sale but like a kid in a candy store he phoned me and said he had bought a vortex for £650 the next day a mk4 8.5 -25 -50 came up for sale it was mint and guess what he sent is vortex back because it wouldn't hold zero, and still waiting for a replacement make your own mind up ? he,s telling me now that when he gets a replacement he,s gonna sell it and get a mk4 loopy and the cheeky bugger wants to borrow my spare 8.5-25-50 until he gets one guys have a guess what I told him to do dave.

I have spoken to Bentley at Vortex UK. Very nice bloke and very attentive to any questions, quick response when he could.

Very impressed.

CZV

Is that the same one that used to work at Riflecraft?

Archived