Going rate to fit a Picatinny on a BRNO Mod 2?

SWShooter

Ive got an old BRNO Mod 2 with 15mm dovetail and can`t find any Picatinny rails that will go straight on , what can I expect to pay a gunsmith to supply , drill/thread the receiver and fit one ?

I want to do this as the rifle shoots really well and I want to be able to use NV .

Ive got an old BRNO Mod 2 with 15mm dovetail and can`t find any Picatinny rails that will go straight on , what can I expect to pay a gunsmith to supply , drill/thread the receiver and fit one ?

I want to do this as the rifle shoots really well and I want to be able to use NV .

Im in exactly the same boat except my rifle is an original Sako Finfire, I would be interested to see how you get on with this, please let us know.

Im in exactly the same boat except my rifle is an original Sako Finfire, I would be interested to see how you get on with this, please let us know.

Alan does not have a "bolt on " one .I`ll let you know the outcome.

Cheers

loads

any Tikka to Pic adapted rail will work

pick one:

https://www.alanrhone-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=90_132&products_id=783&osCsid=5bj6jqqkv9ns5m515cjhq5as20

Ive contacted Alan Rhone and they don't do one for the BRNO/CZ Mod 2.

that one in the link will fit

only the cut out is relevant to the CZ550

same dovetail

Do the clamps have the right spacing to mount onto the receiver? + in the specs it says it for a 19mm dovetail where as I`m pretty sure the Mod 2 is 15 or 16mm?

Do the clamps have the right spacing to mount onto the receiver? + in the specs it says it for a 19mm dovetail where as I`m pretty sure the Mod 2 is 15 or 16mm?

I think you need to be more specific. I'm sure optics-trade would be able to come up with something if you contacted them with exact requirements, probably including the serial number of your rifle. Sounds like you will need some adapters and a steel Picatinny, expensive(and high), but cheaper than a 1 off engineering job, perhaps.

I have a model 2, it has a full and closed receiver compared to the CZ527 and later models

As such the pic rail doesn't require spacing to span a open receiver

the dovetail is identical to the Tikka doevtail 15-17mm

That particular link may be for a 19mm but there are a number of CZ527/Tikka (non T3) options, my error

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=112045&CAT=3600

DIP stuff is very well made

I have a load of their CNC stuff on a Sako Quad

Kinney Supplies will have them or get them (or just find someone with a mate who will post to you)

I think you need to be more specific. I'm sure optics-trade would be able to come up with something if you contacted them with exact requirements, probably including the serial number of your rifle. Sounds like you will need some adapters and a steel Picatinny, expensive(and high), but cheaper than a 1 off engineering job, perhaps.

I cant be any more specific than wanting to fit a Picatinny rail and giving dimensions , serial numbers don't help in this particular instance , Ive been round the optics trade and no one can help , it an old low value rifle but it looks like Bewsh has the answer ,

Cheers anyway.

I don't call that being very specific. Have you spoken to, or emailed Optics-Trade?

So what other information should be provided ? yes I`ve emailed every UK optics supplier that Google brings up.

http://kinneysshootingsupply.com/collections/cz-rails

Try this guy he ships to the UK from oz

He`s in North Carolina + he does not show a 15mm to Picatinny for the CZ452 /Mod 2 , I`ve pretty much given up on getting such a rail and as its most likely going to be expensive to get a gunsmith to supply / drill and tap the receiver I've ordered a new CZ455 , 11mm to Picatinny -no problem, Cheers.

Im in a similar boat with a model 2

Looking for a mounting solution to get a 50mm scope on there. At the moment i have a tiny objective lens bushnell which is great but i fancy a bit more magnification!

Im almost sure that the mounts i have on there aren't central but they seem to do the job over moderate distances!

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

JSR does Gun Tuff ones which are cheap but well made and do the job on mine.

Archived