Inside Dolphin Gun Co

So last week as part of my trip around the country, I called in to see Mik at his place in Lincs.

I had a barrel that I needed re profiled and fluted, and on various recommendations it was Miks name that was mentioned on several occasions.

Now Bradders likes nothing more than a tour, and Mik didn't disappoint.

I'm not sure whether I am at Liberty to say what else goes on up there......but it is impressive to say the least!!!

Mik met me with a happy smile and showed me in.

I will admit I was surprised to see the size of his set up and a bit of jealousy might've been prevalent :-)

Anyway here a few pics

Some of Dolphins fluting capabilities (they have a CNC machining centre dedicated to just fluting)

09694426-C3CF-4A92-84EB-9196CD4F5DC1_zps

The display area with a myriad of actions to choose from

2C96C710-DD38-4803-B225-82FAD9F2A2B5_zps

Some of their stock and samples

88CD1493-5FB0-4CF6-87E5-5BB9CD09DEB4_zps

Customer rifles waiting to go out

57E2461A-649A-4B3C-9E82-C802DFD49025_zps

The test range

B9AA33CC-3881-4941-BE15-9937D4D9C6F1_zps

I dropped the barrel off on Thursday and Mik called me yesterday to say it was ready.....excellent service and I will definitely be using Dolphin again.

Hope you like the pics

Yes, we've visited the Dolphinarium a few times and have found that the only things that exceeds Mik's professionalism and the quality of his work are his willingness to help and the warmth of the welcome. Superb rifles, extremely well made and service that really is outstanding. He really goes the extra mile to ensure that his rifles are amongst the best there are.

OK Bradders, any chance of a picture of your barrel and an idea of the cost of such work?

Haven't picked it up yet, but it's straight forward parallel fluting.

Contact Dolphin for prices

Anyone else want me to tour their facilities with camera phone in hand? :-)

So last week as part of my trip around the country, I called in to see Mik at his place in Lincs.

I had a barrel that I needed re profiled and fluted, and on various recommendations it was Miks name that was mentioned on several occasions.

Now Bradders likes nothing more than a tour, and Mik didn't disappoint.

I'm not sure whether I am at Liberty to say what else goes on up there......but it is impressive to say the least!!!

Mik met me with a happy smile and showed me in.

I will admit I was surprised to see the size of his set up and a bit of jealousy might've been prevalent :-)

Anyway here a few pics

Some of Dolphins fluting capabilities (they have a CNC machining centre dedicated to just fluting)

09694426-C3CF-4A92-84EB-9196CD4F5DC1_zps

The display area with a myriad of actions to choose from

2C96C710-DD38-4803-B225-82FAD9F2A2B5_zps

Some of their stock and samples

88CD1493-5FB0-4CF6-87E5-5BB9CD09DEB4_zps

Customer rifles waiting to go out

57E2461A-649A-4B3C-9E82-C802DFD49025_zps

The test range

B9AA33CC-3881-4941-BE15-9937D4D9C6F1_zps

I dropped the barrel off on Thursday and Mik called me yesterday to say it was ready.....excellent service and I will definitely be using Dolphin again.

Hope you like the pics

Great pics.

The 6.5x47 barrel for my DTA was done by Mik: Insanely accurate.

i found miks service awful,sometimes i had to wait as much as ten minutes for a reply to my e mails even if it was 6am thats no excuse.load development was painful it took 12 shots with the 7mm to settle on a load.oh and i had to wait 2 weeks for the rifle :mad: i was so disappointed with his work i decided to give him a second chance building a 6mm br but it was another 2 week wait and the same service as before.

I've had three rifles buit by Mick all were ready on the time he said (2 a wk early) all shoot very wel. I can't say I've had the same experience with other rifle smiths, one didn't deliver after having a deposit for over 12 months ,and another, always took double the time they said they would. I've just put in an order for another one with Mick.

i found miks service awful,sometimes i had to wait as much as ten minutes for a reply to my e mails even if it was 6am thats no excuse.load development was painful it took 12 shots with the 7mm to settle on a load.oh and i had to wait 2 weeks for the rifle :mad: i was so disappointed with his work i decided to give him a second chance building a 6mm br but it was another 2 week wait and the same service as before.

Quite agree. Mik is just another one of those 'fly by night' gunsmiths and anyway he has shifty eyes!!!!! Plus even worse, he is ex British Army and he was in the Gay Gordons. Apart from that he is a nice bloke.

I can only add to the plaudits for Mik, after being p**s ba**led about by a stock maker for approx 51/2 months a quick phone call to Mik and my new stock arrived a week before the agreed date. It's this type of service that people want, and this type of service that will get repeat orders.

Redshift

Archived