Accuracy International "Work it baby, work it"

brown dog

Seems like a lot of effort to photograph a gun just so as you can sell it because you are changing from left to right or is it right to left no left-to-right oh or is it right-to-left I can't remember now I get confused

BD ,

Whats the story on AI brakes , I have the AW with the older single chamber Tac Brake , and the AWSM/AX338 with the larger 2 chamber brake , are any calibre specific , it seems all they make now is the 2 chamber 338 Tac brake ?

Cans are different 30/338 , but the brakes are all 338 cal ?

I have seen 3x 338 Tac Brakes , and all had different numbers stamped on the top of them ?

Cheers Chris

As far as I know [or have seen ] Chris, the tactical brake is made with a .338 exit hole, and not 308. My own rifle is thus.

I,ve also seen 3 different moderators, all stamped .308 and all had .338 sized bores. I doubt AI make calibre specific mods as the danger is some grunt will screw the wrong one onto the .338 and blow it up.

Its an accident waiting to happen.

As far as I know [or have seen ] Chris, the tactical brake is made with a .338 exit hole, and not 308. My own rifle is thus.

I,ve also seen 3 different moderators, all stamped .308 and all had .338 sized bores. I doubt AI make calibre specific mods as the danger is some grunt will screw the wrong one onto the .338 and blow it up.

Its an accident waiting to happen.

The moderators are all the same internal caliber, .338, even though some are stamped with proof marks for .308, or .300

I had this info from Grahame at sporting services in reply to a question I put to him on this

Archived