Spring 2015 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge

Tiff

My son Luke & I have just got back from another fantastic RRC.

What can I say?........this must be the best rifle challenge in the UK .......great CoF which is both challenging (very!) and incredibly varied.

Tiff is a spot-on organiser and an absolute GENT with enormous patience and an appetite to please.

The terrain is truly perfect for this sort of challenge and the main day went out to just under 1000 yards with an extended long-range session today for those that could stay.

I will forget the many misses that I made but not the double first-shot kills that Luke and I made on the 950 yard balloon targets!....Not going to brag quite so much about the rest of my performance!

This facility (and Tiff and his family and helpers especially) deserves much more widespread support ...use it or lose it as they say.

I would like to extend my huge personal thanks to Tiff and co for a brilliant day....roll on the next one!

PS...Also the shooters are a great group of guys......competitive in the best way and always ready to help out each other....good to know you all.

Thanks Tiff for two fun days. Really enjoyed today with most of us getting on the furthest targets. Really hope there's more of these this year. Thanks to everyone for the friendly company.

Sigh.

I did think of you all while I was in work. I have happy memories of the two I was able to attend.

Next time...

Sigh.

I did think of you all while I was in work. I have happy memories of the two I was able to attend.

Next time...

A few times your name was mentioned, all good things. See you next time

Good to see you Dave and luke the balloon boys! Pete you sloped off far too early on sat, looks like I missed the craic Friday.

Shooting as always was a well thought out and challenging course. Hats off tiff, seeing first hand the work going in to it. stroll on the next shoot.

Good to see you Dave and luke the balloon boys! Pete you sloped off far too early on sat, looks like I missed the craic Friday.

Shooting as always was a well thought out and challenging course. Hats off tiff, seeing first hand the work going in to it. stroll on the next shoot.

I was still hung over from Friday night

Firstly, thank you very much to everyone who attended, without you there wouldn't have been a Spring RRC.

Saturdays main challenge shoot was comfortably the best to date, with a wide variety of reactive targets, distances and shooting positions. It offered something for everyone, with positional speed shooting close in to timed precision shooting at nearly 1,000 yards. Plus hard earned instant bragging rights amongst your peers; especially true of DaveT and his son Luke for their 1st round hits on 9" balloons at circa. 960 yards in a gusting temperamental wind.

Sundays more informal zeroing and coaching was an equal success, with targets from 100 to nearly 1,400 yards being engage. The cloud base did descend for a brief while, but soon lifted producing light winds and clear visibility for miles - almost perfect for reaching way out there.

Results will be published once I've unpacked, but for now here is a short video of the weekend:

https://youtu.be/M2hwgudnxKo

Many thanks again,

Tiff

N.B. For best viewing of bullet traces and impacts, set video to HD.

Apologies about the delay, here are the final results for the Spring 2015 RRC.

Sprign%20RRC%20Results_zpsdeseeicx.png

The individual HPS was 110, with the lowest possible ‘score’ being -5, thanks to an early negative scoring stage. Of course this wasn't a competition (just a more formalised zeroing day) so there were no prizes, just the respect of your peers. Plus it should be noted with the highest placed shooter (Will.W.) achieving just over a 58% hit rate on the fox/deer sized kill zones, there is plenty of room for improvement for everyone. Therefore, in the interests of humane shooting, it may be prudent to host another RRC next year…

In the meantime the venue is available for hire by organisations or groups that have field conditioned rifles. Plus further firearms training and experience days will be available soon :)

• 1 month later...

Archived