Availability of .260 factory rifles?

Looking to buy a .260, I was going to buy another Tikka SV and ditch the stock and drop it into something more suitable but it appears .260 is only available to order. Waiting times 6-9 months.

The only factory rifles in .260 I can find in stock are Steyr. Not interested.

I presume Sako .260 are also special order? Can anyone confirm?

Does anyone know of any Tikka/Sako in stock anywhere in .260?

I see the new Tikka CTR is listed only in .308 and .260, does anyone have any info on when they will likely be available over here?

Any other sensible options I'm overlooking without going full custom or have I got to order and sit and wait......a long time?!

More of a semi-custom, but there is the Nimrod from Sporting Services. However, I have yet to see a review of this one.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/26552-sporting-services-nimrod-rifle/

I would imagine that many of the custom smiths would probably do you a basic barrelled action + AICS for a comparable price.

Try Clint at Dauntsey guns for Tikka....not sure about in-stock situation.

Theres one for sale on here!!!!

Kev's got his T3 Varmint in 260 in the classifieds

best

I did see that one but I dont think I like the Tac21 chassis, not keen on the looks so much. (although I've never tried one) and also I'm ideally looking for new or near new.

I did a bit of mooching about for one prior to putting in for a variation and got the same result as you.

Even when I found the odd shop on the internet that listed one, when I called them, it was a case of them not updating the site after it was sold months before. Very frustrating!

I did a bit of mooching about for one prior to putting in for a variation and got the same result as you.

Even when I found the odd shop on the internet that listed one, when I called them, it was a case of them not updating the site after it was sold months before. Very frustrating!

Yup several listed but none in stock, think I've phoned them all! What did you finish up with?

Yup several listed but none in stock, think I've phoned them all! What did you finish up with?

As yet nothing, but I lost the urgency to put my variation in when I couldn't find one. Although I need to crack on with it....

Jamie

Currently Tikka/Sako facotry orders are working on a guide-time of six months, but it depends very much upon calibre. I ordered a T3 Super Varmint in .300 WSM in April and was quoted six to nine months, in reality it only took just on five months and I was shooting it by mid-September.

Archived