Remington 700 bolt disassembly tool

I have seen the bootlace method....I bought a tool!

I didn't strip my bolt for ten years it worked fine ? I now strip it once a year as part of my major service on my rifle , it still works fine?

The bootlace and penny method works a treat. I've modified the method slightly by using a cord wrapped around my study door handle and it works every time. If the door handle ever comes off when the spring is under tension I'm at risk of my wedding tackle taking a hit. :wacko:

So..... the 'toolkit' is a bootlace a penny and a cricket box?

Buy the tool - save the tackle!

buy the tool by all means but learn to do it without because I bet you that the one time you need to strip the bolt the tool will be where your not!

Bloomin good idea to have one - I've twice had to take AW bolts apart in the field to clear blown primer debris; easy on an AW; nightmare in the field on a Rem 700 without the tool stashed somewhere in your kit.

Bloomin good idea to have one - I've twice had to take AW bolts apart in the field to clear blown primer debris; easy on an AW; nightmare in the field on a Rem 700 without the tool stashed somewhere in your kit.

I will second that get one bought I would not be without one so simple with right tool. try Trent firearms

Archived