Tikka M590 stock

Hi folks,

for a while now I have tried to locate a stock manufacturer who will inlet stocks for the M590 Tikka action. Have not had much luck with McMillan, LeeSix, HS Precision and a few others.

My question to the forum is: do you know of a manufacturer that will inlet a stock for this action (forgot to mention: Left hand!!), or failing that, do you know of any other means of getting a stock and having it inletted for this action? I am looking for something practical, aesthetically pleasing and affordable although I have a feeling that, much like 'labour supporter, rich and intelligent', this is combination of words only two of which can exist in any given sentence...

best wishes,

Finman

Finman

whilst not absolutely positive, I am pretty confident that i590 and 595 are exactly the same inlet.

That being the case Mcmillan DO do an inlett for this action.

I have one in a Sako Varmint style stock.

Further to this, Ive just looked at some action drawings I have (from Tikka) and the 590 and 595 are the same - so your answer is with Macmillan.

I think this rifle was called the Tikka Whitetail in the USA and you'l need to specify it is for a short action if you do order one.

Best of luck.

Ronin,

grateful for the advice! However, without being absolutely sure that they are the same, it is a big gamble to take. Following your message I trawled the McMillan website and, no matter where I looked, could not find anything about M595, Whitetail or M590 being mentioned in any of the stocks on offer. They offer a Tikka 65, but i doubt that it is what would fit my rifle. Let alone that most of these are 'right hand only'... :D . Even ambidextrous, with a left hand action would do!

best wishes,

Finman

Finman

apreciate the concern

here is the drawings I found:

http://www.tikka.fi/fin/pdf/tikka_popular_lh.pdf

If you want, post a pic of a side and bottom view against a tape measure (of the barrelled action), I'll do the same with my own 595 and you will see if there is any difference.

You are welcome to look at mine in the flesh - where are you in the country?

(thats not an offer of proposal by the way :rolleyes: )

Hi Ronin,

I am at the North Staffordshire/Shropshire borders.

17 Rem:

thank you for this, I was unfamiliar with this manufacturer but I did manage to find them through google (http://rifle-stocks.com). Whilst the stock they offer for immediate dispatch is rather fancy (both in style and colour), I can now explore options with more conventional styles (looked at the 'marksman' style in their benchrest category), so hopefully this will lead to something.

Not only do Richards inlet their laminates for it, there's a LH stock for a 595 in their bargain clearout list available for immediate dispatch.

Best wishes,

Finman

Finman,

glad to help.

As an aside, I've been to Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks and was incredibly disappointed. I have never seen such flexible stocks anywhere.

17 Rem,

indeed, I have had reports from a very close friend who ordered a stock from SSS and when it turned up it was nothing as what was promised. The stock not only was very flexible, but also badly inletted for the said action (a botched Remington inlet to fit a Sako L691). Needless to say that my friend gave it back and ordered a macmillan.

Perhaps, as a gunsmith i know said, the gentleman who operates SSS should stick to airguns...

best wishes,

Finman

Finman, i,ve had several stocks from richards over the years, and they are very good, providing you are prepared to put the work in to finish them.Richards great fault, is their crap delivery times....it will take 3 months, if you are lucky. But if the wait isn,t a problem, they are excellent value for money.

Pretty sure that Tikka 260 has a Mac stock for his 595?Whether or not MacMillan do a left hand version I don't know,send them a mail and see :P

If it is still of interest, and I am pretty sure I ve posted these previously.... anyway, Tikka 595 with McSwirly 'Sako Hunter' pattern stock inletted by McM , and fitted /bedded by Callum about 3 years ago. 60% Black/ 40% Forest Green. originally 243 rebarrelled to 260 Rem, Shilen 26".

Tikka260action_2.jpg

Tikka260overall.jpg

Tikka260action.jpg

...... and it will be for sale shortly.

ATB

If it is still of interest, and I am pretty sure I ve posted these previously.... anyway, Tikka 595 with McSwirly 'Sako Hunter' pattern stock inletted by McM , and fitted /bedded by Callum about 3 years ago. 60% Black/ 40% Forest Green. originally 243 rebarrelled to 260 Rem, Shilen 26".

ATB

if only they were available left hand... I think the inlet for these is under the Sako line of the McMillan, which is not available left hand. And, I have had a look at richards, they look OK (particularly if something fancy one is after)... The hunt continues. Anyone know anything about HS precision and their line of stocks? Sako/tikka is not mentioned anywhere in their website, and the same goes for Robertson's (or any other manufacturer for that matter....)

best wishes,

Finman

Finman

get Mcmillan to leave the bolt recess and bolt release recess blank and do it yourself when it comes.

Pretty sure this is the only difference bettween L/H and R/H 590 / 595 actions.

Anyone correct me?

Finman

get Mcmillan to leave the bolt recess and bolt release recess blank and do it yourself when it comes.

Pretty sure this is the only difference bettween L/H and R/H 590 / 595 actions.

Anyone correct me?

Dear Ronin,

you attribute skills to me, that I wish I had!!

thank you for the suggestion anyway!

best wishes,

Finman

:huh:

No problem, I am sure if you did purchase, that there are some on here who would assist you in the alterations :huh:

Archived