Christmas Sneak Peek

Ronin

Stock nearly done for my present….

Showing promise, i phone image, i'll take some high res when all the pieces are put together……..

photo-18_zps14034fae.jpg

Thank goodness I'm safe from your advances :D

Its not, it isn't hydrographics either...

Its real wood!!

This is the culmination of three years prep and planning to build myself my own "Classic Stalker" in 275 Rigby HV (not three years work, just getting the pieces I want into place)

I wanted one every since I built a similar rifle for Tikka260, which was based on a Tikka 695 using a mcwoody stock

I located a Sako AV several years ago with simply the best wood, I've ever seen on a factory Sako rifle.

The finish was a little battered, but the wood underneath was worth persevering

Once all the components are put back together, i'll post some proper photographs.

In essence:

Sako AV (Long action) 30+ years old.

Stripped, cleaned, trigger mech re worked, reberrelled with Lothar Walther CM barrel (9) twist, threaded and protector made.

Polished and sent to a friend who is a wizard at "Best blacking"

The stock has been altered, a steel cap made for the grip, a ebond cap fitted to the for end.

The whole stock has then been repaired of dints and dents and finished over the last month using various mixtures of oils which a stock maker advised me how to apply.

I'm about a week away from completion.

The finished rifle will have original Sako rings and a S&B 3-13 x 50 Classic fitted, with a leather sling, no bipod.

Lightweight, pointable and deadly accurate.

Plus it will hopefully be a show piece for me, slightly different from the "norm"

Mr. M

Sounds good from just the description!

Photos before Jan 1 then :)

Nice compact fixed power scope I hope?

T

3-13 x 50 Klassic

Cant draw myself to a 6x42,,,got put a line somewhere, may be traditional calibre, but I won't tell the bullet how far it has to go :lol:

Thanks Gary, I won't give up my day job for a while.. :)

The pic on the I phone really don't do the wood justice,

I'll take some proper images when all the parts of the equation are complete - hopefully very soon..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived