AI AE model dropped

ChrisF

There is a version in a PSE composite stock. I just can't post the pic.

2mq7tc2_zps51929894.jpg

I had a good play with the rifle at the shooting show and it was very nice, be it in single shot.

In my mind the AE MKIII has taken a considerable number of sales away from the more expensive AW. I brought the AE because I'm not off to the arctic anytime soon, so didn't need the AW.....but if all that was available was the AW, I would have brought it.

So it would make sense to have the AT as an AIAE MKIII action with AICS mag (maybe even polymer) in a PSE or similar stock. Then have the AW & AX as the more traditional AI chassis based rifle.

As Tiff mentions, the SS rifle at the Shooting Show was actually very nice... and would certainly provide a decent entry level AI platform

Take away the AE and you've then cornered the market nicely

However would more people then choose a Remi AICS (as the 'in between' option) instead of making the leap to an AW?

We all know a good rifle when we see one but money is money, and a lot of people ain't got much

Guys,

I think you are all barking up the wrong tree. Most specs already mentioned on people's 'wish list' for an AE replacement really only mimic what the AE is already more than capable of and is very civvie orientated.

If I were AI I would want to bring to market a product to fill a niche not already covered by their range and that to me says miltary, lighter in weight and compact whilst still delivering AI standards of accuracy. For me that shouts bullpup layout, use of lighter materials ie carbon fibre/polymer and easy calibre swap capability. Produce that, in left hand of course and I'd be willing to dip my toe in AI ownership.

The AE was designed for the police market , no ?

I think it will be a rifle more suited to the short range contacts the police have. IE a bullpup.

My money is on an intermediate range weapon like the SPR, a marksman rifle rather than sniper system

Expecting shorter lighter and smaller calibre choices.

Archived