2013-2014 Civ SR season starts 5th Oct

bradders

All,

The first match (or matches) of the upcoming Winter CSR League take place on Sat 5th Oct at Bisley.

The first date will be a couple of short range matches, the SR Rural Contact F&M match shot over 5 stages from 300-100 yds. Round count 52, and the Urban Contact FIBUA match shot in 4phases from 100-25yds. Round count 40.

These are both fast and very enjoyable matches that usually attract a high attendance.

All are welcome and loan guns can be made available if required.

Entry form, online entry and CoF here

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calendar/events.asp?site=NRA&id=3145

Mark

Mark

How can I learn more about this discipline / comp?

Dave,

We are planning on some introduction days, but I would always say come along and have a look and meet everyone.

A brief rundown:

We have 4 classes

Service Optic

Practical Optic

Iron Sights

Historic.

All rifles muct have a magazine capable of holding a minimum of 10rds

In Service Optic you will need a trigger of 4 1/2lbs min weight and yur scope must be set to no more that 4.5x

No bipods of forward grips are permitted.

Practical class has a min trigger weight of 1.5kg. There is no restriction on scope magnification, bipods and rests are permitted

Iron Sights has the same rules as Service Optics, but as you would suspect is Iron Sights only.

Historic class is any Enfield rifle as issued.

CoF's are a mixture of positional shooting (prone, sitting, standing and kneeling/squatting) and involve deliberate, snap and rapid fire at distances from 6/500-100 yds with static as well as fire and movement.

We also have some matches such as the CQB ones that are shot from 100 down to 25.

Targetry is a mixture of Fig 11's, 12's, 12c's, 14's and 14 Windows.

All practises are 10rds and targets are scored 5,4,3. Max score per stage is 50pts.

Depending on the match, all events start with two spotted sighters and scores are radioed back to the firing point for the scorekeepers, where you can then challenge, protest, whinge, spit your dummy out or give us the whole plethora of excuses we've all heard a million times already :-)

Some matches have 100yd rundowns, but timings are generally30-40 secs, so not too physical.

All in all it's great fun and attendances are generally 50-60 per day.

Safety is enforced but not over-bearing and everyone must attend the range brief and have their safety catches and trigger operation checked.

They're all a great bunch of lads and lasses and will make everyone most welcome.

Mark

Sounds really interesting........ Oh God I smell another gun needed!

Well folks,

It's only been one week since we put the entry form up on the NRA website and we already have 83 confirmed entries.

None from on here though...... :ph34r:

Mark - want to walk before I can run - will do some practice with the local 'high six' contingent :)

Terry

will drag BD with me

Best practice you can get is to shoot the matches..... Just sayin'..... ;)

DP,

Completly agree, but I at least need to see where the things shoots, drops etc., I don't mind making an 'arse' of myself - but I draw the line at 'complete arse' :)

BD

October not possible due to work unfortunatly (but think of the share price!)

John,

That is a good offer but unfortunatly I'm to the US on Staurday then bouncing through UK to Norway until mid to late October :(

So I have a new gun which I will not now be able to try for another month, very much a scratch you can't itch!

T

Ok, just made up my mind and will register tomorrow (practical optic).

Not sure what I'm in for though but it sounds like good fun!

The Urban Contact FIBUA match should be interesting using a 18lbs bolt action rifle, I have never tried shooting it standing. Sounds more suited to something ligther semi automatic. Any advise? Do I need to buy a sling and are 2 mags enough / is there time to reload between phases?

Thanks in advance

Welcome Fredrik.

You will manage with a bolt gun, its not perfect, but a lot do.

We dont have semi auto,s in the UK anymore, so everyone has a bolt to manipulate, one way or another.

Ideally you need 4 x 10 round mags, but your RO will reload your mags for you if 2 is all you have. He will do this as he is following you down the course.

CSR is a lot easier than it looks to be on a written Course of Fire. Watch it done a couple of times and you will get the gist of it.

You will enjoy it, I guarantee it.

The Urban Contact FIBUA match should be interesting using a 18lbs bolt action rifle, I have never tried shooting it standing. Sounds more suited to something ligther semi automatic. Any advise? Do I need to buy a sling and are 2 mags enough / is there time to reload between phases?

Thanks in advance

Good man...

You will enjoy it!

:ph34r:

Thanks in advance

Good man,

If only the rest were like you

See you on the day, but until then din't be afraid to ask any questions

112 entries for Saturday, somewhat of a record for us.

Still trying to figure out where the upsurge came from, but it's going to be a massive match (running 26 lanes) and a lot of fun

Archived