Phil if your looking for a cheaper scope that will do 1000 yards shooting, have a look at Fox forearms. I believe he brings his own scope in that are very reasonably priced and not bad at all.

Phil if your looking for a cheaper scope that will do 1000 yards shooting, have a look at Fox forearms. I believe he brings his own scope in that are very reasonably priced and not bad at all.

I have acquired one of these scopes, the 10-40, and while I have yet to try it, being in variation purgatory still, I have to say that I'm impressed. In fact, for the price I'm astounded. Optical quality is good, OK, won't compete with scopes costing ten times as much, but still very useable. Turrets click around nicely at 1/8th inch, yet to be tested. The internal spring appears to be a coil rather than a leaf, which ought to be good. A very fine, if somewhat busy, reticule completes the package.

Hello, Those fox one's look like an IOR scope.

I'd rather save and get a Nightforce and pick the retical I want unless a great S/H one came along but they are few and far between and get snapped up quickly.

There is a Zeiss i've just placed an offer on so just waiting to see if the guy will take it. That's for my 10/22 though.

Best regards Phil

Hi sorry to squeeze in here but which particular range of "FOX" scope are we talking about ,,,the cheaper ones,,,or "hakko" ones,,,thanks Onehole.

Hi sorry to squeeze in here but which particular range of "FOX" scope are we talking about ,,,the cheaper ones,,,or "hakko" ones,,,thanks Onehole.

The one I have is the 'cheaper' one, although 'inexpensive' might be a better word. I don't get the feel that there is anything 'cheap' about it.

There are a few pics of it in June's Target Shooter. I have one on test at the monent - mines the 8-32.

Onehole I've not used them before just heard some good reports about the Fox range. The Fox's 8-32x50 and 10-40x50

Thanks just may be looking for something like this,,,,had something similar some years back but parallax knob was stiff and moved reticule slightly up and down when twiddling knob.Excellent glass and reticule though and apart from POI changing visually it held zero perfectly if you left knob alone once set??Mmmmm{This was not a FOX item by the way}

i looked at one of brians 25 mag scopes yesterday and was quite impressed with it for the price i also bought one of the fox spotting scopes excellent value for money

atb mike

i looked at one of brians 25 mag scopes yesterday and was quite impressed with it for the price i also bought one of the fox spotting scopes excellent value for money

atb mike

it wasnt the spotter that leaves a black ring round your eye? ;)

if you got down to cornwall you could come out with us ugly bunch, we have some nice big hills that give plenty of show on a miss. even if nerves got the better of ya ( it has happened before :wacko:;) ) and you forgot to dial to 1000 or two then your shot would still be be safe

Thanks for the very nice offer. I'll try at Diggle next week and see how I get on first.

Tisme - You will be very welcome to attend our 1000 yard benchrest shoot on Sunday 7th July. There is a list of accommodation places close to the range on the website if you want to come the day before.

You'll need 25 rounds for the comp. plus say 10 sighters - we should get you on OK with that load.

If you do arrive the day before, I'll be at the range until about 5.30pm so I can 'meet & greet' and show you around.

Hi
First, sorry about the Mr Pimp comment, I don't know your name.
Second what time dose it start on the 7th as I might drive up Sunday morning instead of staying over night.
Thanks
Pete

Pete,

We like to get going no later than 9.30am for 1000 yard benchrest. It probably would be best to come the night before. There are plenty of places to stay close by - see the website. We usually have a meal at the Diggle Hotel on the Saturday evening for those staying over.

I can make sure you get away early for the journey home.

Vince

Hi
First, sorry about the Mr Pimp comment, I don't know your name.
Second what time dose it start on the 7th as I might drive up Sunday morning instead of staying over night.
Thanks
Pete

His name is actually MR Pimp!

BEAT ME TO IT!

Ammo made, B&B booked, what could possibly go wrong. See you sat

Pete

Pete-as a diggle virgin you are not aware of the "micro climate" diggle is famous for-

as for things that "will go wrong " there is an endless list-

so pack your- speedos-sun block -knotted hankey

and also bring- water proofs-wellys-thermal flask-distress flare and snow shoes.

but-you will enjoy yourself its the law! introduce yourself -no one bites -well a few do!

A big big thank you to the lads at Diggle today. I learnt more this weekend than the past few months. Vince you have to be called sir Pimp for all the help you gave me. A real shame I only go to do two sessions as my trigger broke, but I never thought I would do a 12" group @1000.

Roll on the next one.

Thanks again

Pete

A big big thank you to the lads at Diggle today. I learnt more this weekend than the past few months. Vince you have to be called sir Pimp for all the help you gave me. A real shame I only go to do two sessions as my trigger broke, but I never thought I would do a 12" group @1000.

Roll on the next one.

Thanks again

Pete

Hi Pete,

Glad you made it home safe and enjoyed your weekend - we certainly enjoyed your company.

Well shot with that 12 inch group - that's where it starts................

Cheers

Vince

Pete

Keep coming along, it was great to see some new faces and you fitted right in :-)

Next shoot is the weekend 10th & 11th August

All the best

Bruce

Ok from one Kent shooter to another I shoot a AI AW 24 inch using HPS 155g and have only shot 1000y 4 times but always been on the black and clocked v bulls Ndont over think it use a zero card from the range office at Bislly its so easy to get on target from the zero range there's no fansey stuff involved! If you don't know how to use a range card just Google it or ask some one Don't get all worked up about a 1000yards. Keep it simple . I'm new to long range shooting but I'm not buying into over complex stuff. Just feel the wind don't by loads of gadgets use the flags and learne from each shot try and get upto the NRA days ever body is really helpful and there's normally an F class target on range. Yes I V bulled that to! With out a wind meter or bilstic app

Ok from one Kent shooter to another I shoot a AI AW 24 inch using HPS 155g and have only shot 1000y 4 times but always been on the black and clocked v bulls Ndont over think it use a zero card from the range office at Bislly its so easy to get on target from the zero range there's no fansey stuff involved! If you don't know how to use a range card just Google it or ask some one Don't get all worked up about a 1000yards. Keep it simple . I'm new to long range shooting but I'm not buying into over complex stuff. Just feel the wind don't by loads of gadgets use the flags and learne from each shot try and get upto the NRA days ever body is really helpful and there's normally an F class target on range. Yes I V bulled that to! With out a wind meter or bilstic app

Damn! This post says more about learning than I thought possible. :)

Pete

Keep coming along, it was great to see some new faces and you fitted right in :-)

Next shoot is the weekend 10th & 11th August

All the best

Bruce

I'm doing the Roundhouse rifle challenge that weekend but I'll be at the one on the 8th sept if that's ok. Now I have a rest i'll be practicing so watch out. :D

Archived