Has anybody owned or have much experience with a DSR-1 ?

I have 10 shot experience with one and the owner was very garding a few years back so I handed it back almost immediately

Just curious if anybody can share their thoughts

I know the predessor ERMA SR-100 is one hell of a rifle but even paying the German prices it is multiples of their competitors

Is there something I am missing ?

Other than through global anybody selling a second hand one and if so what price to expect in 308 ?

IF it was the same price as an AW and could be sourced elsewhere.... depending on use I may consider it. However that is simply not going to happen anytime soon.

I have shot it prone in .338 and got on ok with it at 1,200 yards.

I have 10 shot experience with one and the owner was very garding a few years back so I handed it back almost immediately

I know the predessor ERMA SR-100 is one hell of a rifle but even paying the German prices it is multiples of their competitors

Other than through global anybody selling a second hand one and if so what price to expect in 308 ?

Spoke the the guy at Global some years ago ref this rifle, he told me it will hold 2 inches at a 1000 yards with mil sup ammo, i thought what a tool.

Spoke the the guy at Global some years ago ref this rifle, he told me it will hold 2 inches at a 1000 yards with mil surp ammo, i thought what a tool.

I have no intention in doing business with global

Just curious about the DSR that's all

Shot the ERMA years ago

I don't think there is anything on the tactical market at the moment getting near that in terms of repeatability with mil requirements

spoke to Alan Wey last week and he asked me to hold fire if I want something special

Wonder what has he got up his gun sleeves ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have handled the DTA SRS , which is similar , and IF you are asking as to which rifle IF price is the same , ITs the AI rifle , any AI rifle over a DSR-1 / DTA SRS , I rate them below any AI product , thats the way I see it anyway .

The HTI model is much more interesting than its smaller brother the SRS .

Later Chris

Spoke the the guy at Global some years ago ref this rifle, he told me it will hold 2 inches at a 1000 yards with mil sup ammo, i thought what a tool.

sooo with reloads 1" or better @1000yards :D - i think not !

• 6 months later...

I have fired a few rounds from a .308 DSR with a nice Kahles scope ( or might have been Hensoldt ) and fell in love with it.

If it was anywhere nearer 4k new, I would have one.

Interestingly, the owner bought it from Global. Apparently, when he went down to browse, they accused him of being a timewaster and would not let him even see a rifle until he showed them his FAC with slot and that he had his chequebook with him !!

And at that point I would have shown them my fac and cash then promptly told em where to go and walked off chuckling!

However I have shot o e and loved it too. But at 10k not on this planet.

The DSR is a beautiful rifle but if you fancy getting behind, a DTA then give me a shout and we can sort it out.

ewen

I have shot the DTA twice at Bisley for the McQueen.

Very nice but I found the trigger a bit strange.

The best way I could describe it is being like a Glock trigger.

Having said that, I was told that this was a one off issue with that particular rifle and not indicative of the brand.

I entered twice in a row. Different months.

On the third time, I did not enter.

One of the ROs asked me why and I explained that I did not like the trigger.

A discussion ensued amongst those queueing up and several said that they were told the trigger was a little heavy but had "now been sorted". A couple stated they had tried the same sort of rifle elsewhere and noticed a difference.

One of the ROs ( I believe he won that match with a fantastic score ) also said that he felt the trigger was "better now" but did not elaborate. His score matched the winner of the "non issued" part of the match so obviously there was nothing wrong with the trigger.

Just to clarify - I am not knocking your rifle - just saying the trigger is not for me - I am sure any potential customer will try for themselves rather than take my SUBJECTIVE opinion as fact. Just stating my preference.

In fact, watch me shoot with a two stage trigger and you will see decent results - then watch me shoot with a single stage and see my scores drop - its purely what I am used to and NOT a reflection on your rifle !!

Archived