bedding a rifle action

Tony.H

ive got a t3 tikka hunter.223 and i am thinking of having it bedded or doing the job myself depending on how difficult a job it would be, the rifle is accurate enough for me, but if it helps squeeze out any more then thats a bonus, i also want to change the screws over to hex head screws, is there anywhere i can buy theses from?

tony

Easy to do, but ive done one or two, if your happy with the rifles performance, leave it alone.

I ordered action screws for my anschutz from this company last year and upon tightening the head ofthe bolt split!

Very poor qualityof steel must have been used!

The same thing happened me with one of the cz screws I bought of them.

They did send me a replacement screw though.

I assume the stock is wooden Tony? Never seen one of those disassembled.

From what we've seen of the synthetic ones here (where they modify heaps of them to shortened/suppressed), I wouldn't bother rebedding one unless it was shooting poorly. My personal one is very accurate as std.

Here's my son's new one in .260.

T3-1_zps97f3f4f2.jpg

I decided to bed it as it was a PSE after-market stock and couldn't be certain the action was sitting perfectly. Anyway, this is the one and only group I fired after getting it on paper. I think I can live with 10mm :P

RobsT3-Mar13_zpsdc23e920.jpg

Chris-NZ

I assume the stock is wooden Tony? Never seen one of those disassembled.

From what we've seen of the synthetic ones here (where they modify heaps of them to shortened/suppressed), I wouldn't bother rebedding one unless it was shooting poorly. My personal one is very accurate as std.

Here's my son's new one in .260.

T3-1_zps97f3f4f2.jpg

I decided to bed it as it was a PSE after-market stock and couldn't be certain the action was sitting perfectly. Anyway, this is the one and only group I fired after getting it on paper. I think I can live with 10mm :P

RobsT3-Mar13_zpsdc23e920.jpg

Chris-NZ

that looks a handy woodland rifle, with an appropriate scope for the job!

Archived