extreme range engagement...

SRGNXL

182.5moa elevation with my 300 rum and i should be on :lol:

providing the 208 amax behaves itself going transonic (@1800m)

it will take 6.5 secs to get there so time to reload and get ready to fire a corrected shot as soon as i see the splash, unless it's dead centre of course ! :D

• 1 month later...

lol Oaken...thanks for the kick start (to me not the thread :D )

I have taken delivery today of the rifles for the shoot and the ammunition should be with me next week, as soon as I have everything 100% in my hands then we will arrange the date.

I did not want to try and arrange something with people travelling a long way for me not to have the necessary toys :-( but we are on track now and just at the mercy of the weather.

My plan is as follows, there are two company shooters going to take part with a five shot group each, on top of that we will run some form of selection from the spectators (probably involving shooting) in the morning to select 3 more shooters to go for a group.

Hopefully (definitely) once we have been successful and shown up the Americans I will have some ammo left. At that time others may shoot this ammo (at 3000 yards), at a cost to be determined ( probably £10-15 per round but how often do you shoot a cannon almost two miles) with all profits going to help for heroes.

We will get back with more info as soon as I can.

regards

Ewen

I have taken delivery today of the rifles for the shoot and the ammunition should be with me next week, as soon as I have everything 100% in my hands then we will arrange the date.

I did not want to try and arrange something with people travelling a long way for me not to have the necessary toys :-( but we are on track now and just at the mercy of the weather.

My plan is as follows, there are two company shooters going to take part with a five shot group each, on top of that we will run some form of selection from the spectators (probably involving shooting) in the morning to select 3 more shooters to go for a group.

Hopefully (definitely) once we have been successful and shown up the Americans I will have some ammo left. At that time others may shoot this ammo (at 3000 yards), at a cost to be determined ( probably £10-15 per round but how often do you shoot a cannon almost two miles) with all profits going to help for heroes.

We will get back with more info as soon as I can.

regards

Ewen

count me in EWEN,will be interesting day,few mates will be cuming aswell.

This is starting to sound like an extremely memorable day :-)

That aside, Ewan, still can't pm you. Can you email me with regard to an unrelated matter.

Cheers. oaken8@ymail.com

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys date is set (will only change now if there is a weather issue)

Sunday April 28th.

This will be a "help for heroes" event, so bring along along any spare cash.

Format of the day will be to try and replicate the shot achieved by an Australian Sniper at 3080 yard....and more importantly beat the DTA USA crews groups at this distance. (ever wish you hadn't made a challenge :-) )

http://www.dtacomlink.com/dta-dtm-3080-yards-with-hti-375-cheytac/

I have also heard that our Australian division is watching this and they are planning to "kick the Europeans and American butts, when they do this later in the year" their words not mine...

OK so format for the day.

Firstly a big thanks to WMS for providing the superb venue, this wouldn't be possible without them and the amazing facilities that they have.

There will be NO repeat NO other shooting on the day other than that organised by us so please DO NOT bring any other firearms as they will not get out of the car. This is to keep things as organised and safe as it needs to be.

Andrew and John from WMS will be there with lots of information on the facility so when you decide to come back to shoot on your own (which I am sure you will) they will look after you,

There will be six shooters shooting for group on the targets, these shooters will be made up from:

Two DTA company shooters

One auction winner, this position will be auctioned off for help for heroes (dig deep guys, when will you ever shoot at 1.75 miles again).

3 shooters selected on the morning from the spectators (have to encourage you to come and watch somehow)...there may be a small shoot off on the day for selection or it may be out of a hat (to be decided later).

After this is completed and providing we have ammunition and time/daylight we will sell some remaining rounds at £15 per shot, money going to "Help for Heroes" again dig deep, this isn't something you will ever do again.

Safety and responsibility are paramount here so all must bring their own eye and hearing protection or they will not be allowed near the firing points, and strictly must obey the range officers instructions at all time.

I have been advised that the walk to the firing point is a slog so again be prepared, (if this is too physical for some then there is a second viewing position where we will need competent spotters that will have easier access), remember ,we are out in all the open so be ready for Welsh weather, we will be out all day in the open so bring food and a flask etc.

All in all this should be fun, it is an un rehearsed event so we need as many spotters to help out as possible (bring your spotting scopes and video cams) to prove that we can shoot better than the Yanks :-)

Hope to see you there but please inform me of numbers ASAP as we may need to restrict access if it gets to popular, so far we have gun press from 4 countries coming as well as spectators from all over Europe.

Ewen

DTA Europe

Archived