ATV

MJR

On our shoot we have a quad and trailer for general duties and to act as game cart on shoot days.

we wonder if an atv with a load platform on the rear would be more use so today we've had one on demo. I won't mention the make but we were a little dissapointed with its lack of grip in muddy conditions. It was fitted with std knobbly tyres but did not compare well to our quad but it fairness that has more aggressive tread pattern.

So the question really is which ATV has the best off road capability and grip?

Argo if its really boggy but a mule should be fine for most shoots.

A supacat is the big dogs danglies !

Something like this one

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,36,/28682/Supacat_.htm

Or this one

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/related/43613/EPS.htm

MArk

On our shoot we have a quad and trailer for general duties and to act as game cart on shoot days.

we wonder if an atv with a load platform on the rear would be more use so today we've had one on demo. I won't mention the make but we were a little dissapointed with its lack of grip in muddy conditions. It was fitted with std knobbly tyres but did not compare well to our quad but it fairness that has more aggressive tread pattern.

So the question really is which ATV has the best off road capability and grip?

As with any vehicle tyre choice is critical, some of the farms I've worked on have land so boggy that they either use large flotation tyres or use rubber tracks.

Be careful with the Argo, the low ground clearance is sometimes a hinderance in rough and boggy terrain.

If its that bad, consider Hagglund tracked vehicle.....

Had the mule and the john deer gator, got the kobota rtv now and its good. It will go through some right sh*t runs on a sniff of red and looks good in the realtree very useful for sitting out shooting ;)

Archived