Golf course damage, thoughts please?

shooter79

Good afternoon lads

More damage up the golf course. Can any one share their thoughts on what animal is causing this? There are boar in the area but could it be a badger as we see them all the time? I would put my trail cam out but i know it would be stolen within minutes as its by the club house! The dropping could be a fox maybe? We have seen this kind of damage once before on the course so this is not the first time.

IMG_0429.jpgIMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0427.jpgIMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpgIMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Regards

Carl

To start with i was going to say badger, but after seeing the amount of damage there doing id say boar as they will turn up ground so easy and alot of it. But the little present it left you does look badger again. Get the cam out ;)

No its not, I have badgers on every farm I shoot on and I am certain this is badger damage because I see it regularly,

Its great to see badgers doing damage to the townies golf greens, maybe they will start to appreciate the damage these little sods can do and will see the sense in a cull.

It could be any animal going after grubs. I'd have said rooks just looking at the damage. The poo has confused me - it's down to poo ID; I always think of badgers putting their crap in a small scrape. Foxes will do this sort of damage going after grubs too.

Best thing is to kill the grubs for next year.

Badgers rooting for leather jacket or c**kchafer grubs, normally these grubs have burrowed deeper into the ground by this time of year and so are out of reach of badgers but for some reason this year there are still many grubs just under the surface.

If you get this problem every year then you will need to treat the areas with a product called "Merit turf" in spring time or when the adult beetles are evident.

sorry about the * it wouldn't let me use the correct wording!

Andy

Good afternoon lads

More damage up the golf course. Can any one share their thoughts on what animal is causing this? There are boar in the area but could it be a badger as we see them all the time? I would put my trail cam out but i know it would be stolen within minutes as its by the club house! The dropping could be a fox maybe? We have seen this kind of damage once before on the course so this is not the first time.

First picture on its own might have been a beginner with a 3 iron,but more evidence as ever helps sort out the horses from the zebras-or here,the badgers.

georgeIMG_0429.jpgIMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0427.jpgIMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpgIMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Regards

Carl

If you get this problem every year then you will need to treat the areas with a product called "Merit turf" in spring time or when the adult beetles are evident.

Unfortunately Merit turf has been revoked for sale and has a use up period until 31st January 2013, as have most other products containing Imidacloprid.

Sorry

B

Unfortunately Merit turf has been revoked for sale and has a use up period until 31st January 2013, as have most other products containing Imidacloprid.

Sorry

B

Are you sure about this? non of the ant baits that contain Imidacloprid seem to be getting revoked and I was also talking to one of Bayers rep's (can't remember his name) at Pest Tech last month and he was telling me they were close to getting a licence for Merit Turf liquid in the UK!!!!

Cheers Andy

Are you sure about this? non of the ant baits that contain Imidacloprid seem to be getting revoked and I was also talking to one of Bayers rep's (can't remember his name) at Pest Tech last month and he was telling me they were close to getting a licence for Merit Turf liquid in the UK!!!!

Cheers Andy

PM sent

Amateur golfer with a bad belly !!!!!

Yes,first picture on it's own could well be a beginner's three iron.Classic BD 'horses and zebras' conclusions-but more evidence in the following pictures though suggests 'badgers'!-or a dozen beginners!Mystery turd may be a separate incident...

george

Good afternoon lads

IMG_0429.jpgIMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0427.jpgIMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpgIMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Regards

Carl

Sabotage on a golfing scale. anti's must know you (a hunter and true wildlife supporter) use that course. If your trail camera doesn't get stolen,

you might get a fright at the sight of Mr B (badger) May dropping his strides and defecatting on your once neatly manicured grass...

:lol::lol::lol:

The offending turd looks like a fox scat ontop of the badger turd containing the remains of the grubs, if you look carefully enough!

Archived