I have seen the slik tri pods however I was looking at something that would allow a stable standing view.

After lugging my spotter to CZ and realising I needed to be able to spot over the berm was a kick in the nutz.

The weight of the carbon manfrotto would certainly be a plus. But is it usable?

I would be inclined to look for a better head (MN128RC) which is oil damped, the one on the kit (from memory) has been done for a price so the kit can be retailed for under a ton.

Spend a little more and do a pick & mix from the Manfrotto range, I think once you handle them it will become much clearer as the stability and tracking from the head

I have to declare an interest at this stage, I manage a photo shop! :ph34r:

Ewan, thanks for the offer. The issue is I don't know anything about tri pods. I am a tight fisted get that wants value for money and a bargain. The link I posted saws £140. That shouts bargain or shite...

Mr Brown. As an expert please pm me with a bargain lol

I was born with short arms and deep pockets within the walls of York :lol:

A bit more....

A friend who shoots with LERA asked me the other day what I thought about Manfrotto carbon fibre tripods, it would apppear his TA (SF) unit has just taken delivery of a quantity to put (he wouldn't say) something on! :ph34r:

I think that's an endorsement, IIRC the tripods were the 055 type.

A friend who shoots with LERA asked me the other day what I thought about Manfrotto carbon fibre tripods, it would apppear his TA (SF) unit has just taken delivery of a quantity to put (he wouldn't say) something on! :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: Only a spoon would enjoy doing the I 'can't tell you' piece; a blade would have made something up!

Ho ho!

For what is worth I have one of the green aluminium Manfrottos for mine with a head I got from eBay. All looks very proffesional in the bag. This is great but a right old faff swapping it around to use the bean bag rest for the rifle. So, two rubber bands cut from car inner tube, scope on beanbag, bands hold it in place. Steady enough for Mildot ranging. Not that Gucci.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived