Recommend New Scale

Dev

I am currently using a Lyman 1000 XP. It takes a fair bit of work to get the charge I want. It is constantly drifting and has to be checked with the calibration weight during and after every charge that is weighed.

I shoot FTR and need a scale that is reliable and which measures to .02gr.

What are your recommendations and where is the best place to look?

beam scale and the target master are the way to go

give me a pm if you like ifyou need any decent beams scales as i have redding in stock

I am currently using a Lyman 1000 XP. It takes a fair bit of work to get the charge I want. It is constantly drifting and has to be checked with the calibration weight during and after every charge that is weighed.

For 0.02grains you need something like the Denver MX123. There is a dealer near York. They cost about £250

Vince

Watch Mr Surplusnut on UTube, he explains in depth how good the Gem pro scales are, maybe what your looking for. See link ------------>

I have the RCBS Chargemaster 1500, it works great for me but bench rest / long range shooters may need to take it to the next level.

Regards

Carl

i use the gem pro 250 ,i also have the target master and rcbs 10/10

i use this for my f-class loads i use the target master and 10/10 first then transfer over to the gem pro to get single kernal accuracy

the gem pro is a great scale

I see you can get the gem pro cheaper from usa. But would have to get adaptor as the plugs are different there.

saying that with shipping and import tax and vat. Plus royal mail handling charges bet it isn't much of a saving in the end.

The do look really good though. And im thinking of changing my 505 beam scale for one.

I did think about the charge master. But hear from alot of people who have gone back to beam scales after having one.

Yet others have said they wouldn't have beam scales again and really like the. chargemaster

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for gem pro. Chargemaster hasn't been used in a year. Drop the loads out into your cases with powder measure then trickle up with the dandy. Surprisingly fast

Archived