This is for F class, all I need it for is to see spotting discs and scoring paddles at 1000 yards.

By budget I mean £150 or less, or am I just wasting money at that price?

Any reccomendations?

This is for F class, all I need it for is to see spotting discs and scoring paddles at 1000 yards.

Any reccomendations?

I'd suggest that <£150 is likely to be a waste of money. (Can you not just spot with your rifle's scope; or is this for observation from behind the line?)

BD, it's to spot my fellow competitors mishaps, I like to grin and chuckle quietly when they score 2's and 3's, it makes me feel superior :lol: (Snide comments on my Bisley long range shoot will be met with a small ban, not you BD, that would just be foolish) :lol:

But honestly it's so that I can view the other target boards to see how the wind is effecting them, also it can be set up to see the mirage at mid range, once I have my rifle scope set up I don't want to move it.

(Snide comments on my Bisley long range shoot will be met with a small ban, not you BD, that would just be foolish) :lol:

What's changed? :blink: Hasn't stopped you before! :lol::)

Yup, understand your requirement - I'd recommend blowing cash on one of the Leupold Mk4 spotters - lovely light and compact, fast 'into and out of action'; clarity unlike any other Leupold product (easily the equal of my Swaro 30x75CTC at 30 power). I think anything less would just annoy you in the long run. :)

Any reccomendations?

Ian, I know it might be hard to find even more cash but to be honest I think you need to spend more than that!

how about a yummy swaro!

I seen some leupold ones but didn't like them, do sightron make one?, I bet it would be pretty good for the money from what I see on the scopes

Matt, the leupold spotter your on about, is that the only one they make,, the one I seen was about as useful as toys R us

have a look at second hand optolyth on flea bay ?

optolyth optics are superb , they are not as cheap as they once were but i think they are pretty unbeatable for the money!

have a look at second hand optolyth on flea bay ?

optolyth optics are superb , they are not as cheap as they once were but i think they are pretty unbeatable for the money!

Yup, I'd go along with that: good advice.

Any reccomendations?

I bought one from Lidl last year that did the job for £30 ish. Its not as good as my PM11 scope !!! But I can see the spotting disks and paddles

Elwood,

I went thru' this a while back when sroting spotters out for our club. Simple and robust - bit like women :lol: (Matt not a word to Claire! :huh: )

The Opticron units will do what you want and a fixed magninification eye piece of 25-27x will show your target and those either side to allow the wind tracking you talk about.

Been in use with a pile of new shooters, also been dowsed on more than one occasion and still functioning.

NSRA shops has them if you want to look: http://www.nsrashop.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopes___Eyepieces.html

Terry

PS Spotter 60's are nice :ph34r:

Archived