New toy!!

20series

Well after much drama and long drawn out waiting for my FAC renewal I have finally picked up my new precious

RPA Quadlock action, 30 inch Bartlein Barrel in .284 Win sat in a HPS Sytem Gemini F-Class stock topped off with Third Eye Evo rings holding a Sightron 10-50x60 LTRD

I cannot thank Mik Mak and Tina up at Dolphin Gun also Fergal at Irish Custom Rifles for his part for all their help and assistance particularly sorting out getting the stock sent over from Ireland where I had bought it SH for a bargain price

Sadly due to Oundle Range being shut until June for refitting and various personal sagas I wont get to shoot it until June

When I do I will report back on what I am sure is going to be a great rifle

Alan

post-11043-0-22293000-1334762199_thumb.jpg

God luck alan with it, missed your presence at Diggle at the week end as well. hope you are ok as well atb mark

Looks good, think you may need a re-think on the rest front if you intend competing in Open in the GB League. (just my thoughts)

The quadlock actions shoot well, just stiff to open the bolt.

Mik builds fine rifles, dont think you will be disapointed.

thanks boys, the bipod was more for standing it up straight while I put the scope on! I have one of the Caldwell front rest to get me started but it was in the shed and it was pi$$ing down at the time I took the picture :blush:

Sadly due to various circumstances it'll be June before I can get any round through it, but I'm very pleased with it.

It's been a bit of bargain trail really, the Action came off a shot out 6.5-284 rifle that I bought complete in the Mcmillan stock etc for £750 and the Gemini stock was SH but unused and cost me £1k (half price :rolleyes: )

Alan

Well after much drama and long drawn out waiting for my FAC renewal I have finally picked up my new precious

RPA Quadlock action, 30 inch Bartlein Barrel in .284 Win sat in a HPS Sytem Gemini F-Class stock topped off with Third Eye Evo rings holding a Sightron 10-50x60 LTRD

I cannot thank Mik Mak and Tina up at Dolphin Gun also Fergal at Irish Custom Rifles for his part for all their help and assistance particularly sorting out getting the stock sent over from Ireland where I had bought it SH for a bargain price

Sadly due to Oundle Range being shut until June for refitting and various personal sagas I wont get to shoot it until June

When I do I will report back on what I am sure is going to be a great rifle

Alan

Hi Alan

Why not come down to beckingham on the first Sunday in May we will be shooting 300-500-600 i could let Mal know and put you down on the list.

Andy

Hi Alan

Why not come down to beckingham on the first Sunday in May we will be shooting 300-500-600 i could let Mal know and put you down on the list.

Andy

Andy

I would love to come but I'm in the middle of moving house and most of my kit is packed away with no opprotunity to do any load development

thanks though :D

Alan

You got yourself a bargain there Alan.

Especially the HPS stock, been considering a Tru Flite aluminium one myself....

Regarding the rest, wasnt sure if it was just for display or you were going to compete with it - I thought it odd using bipod on open rifle...

Look forwards to seeing it on the line :)

Andy - hope I'm not sticking my nose in ......... but Stuart (Osprey Rifles) has a s/h True Flite stock for sale.

Vince

Vince

no, youre not, thanks very much for the heads up.

Archived