QD mount options

oaken

Looking for advice on quick release one (or two) piece mounts.

I was very impressed with the Larue system used in the Magpul vids but that is serious money and i have heard that they wear the side og the rail if removed repeatedly.

I really like their philosophy of ditch all your mid-range and budget scopes and buy one top quality optic with a really good repeatable QD system.

Cheers

Rup

Rup,

I've used a few QD mounts in the past (ARMS, LaRue etc.) but have found that a set of good mounts installed and lapped etc. can be removed with little to no effort and go back pretty much dead on so long as you use a good process to set up and a nice torque system to take on and off subsiquently.

Not an exact answer but honest :)

Terry

I use a couple of sets of Leupold QR mounts on a picatinny rail to change from NV scope to day scope, perhaps not the best mounts (think they were £70 a set from uttings) but zero never alters as long as the same mounting process is followed.

I was very impressed with the Larue system used in the Magpul vids but that is serious money and i have heard that they wear the side og the rail if removed repeatedly.

Yup, I was quite taken with the Larues in the videos. Have you priced them Rup?

Also interested for reasons already mentioned but no idea where to source them from?

Brugger & Thomets for me. I bought BT-21530's with the intention of taking a mm out of the rail on my Blaser Pic rail as they're just a gnat's wotsit low for the underside of the turret housing of my Zeiss 6-24x56 - but then I discovered the standard Blaser Saddlemount slots when I took the Pic Rail off to mill it.. so I switched to a Saddlemount.

Went through quite few options before the B&T's were recommended by a Brit in NZ on a US blaser forum who'd been through the same processes - he'd tried loads, I'd tried Non-QD Badgers, Nightforce, Burris, ARMS... all were a bit sloppy on the pic rail in comparison... and they're well made.

But they do come in singles if you order them... GMK are the UK importers but there may be others.

Emailed B&T and they were really helpful and happy to send through detailed spec drawings.

Tried to load pics but too big! Even edited ones! Hey ho!

atb

FBW

B)

Bradders on here has LaRue,s Dave. I have two of them for my AR,s they are excellent.

Where can I get them Dave?

Thinking about the rifle you have in build for me.

Where can I get them Dave?

Thinking about the rifle you have in build for me.

Sorry... me being stupid.... you already said Bradders has them!

Can't find any in UK.

This is the model I am starting to think I can't live without

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-20-moa-psr-scope-mount-qd

Really nice looking bit of kit....... looks like a very basic theodolite bracket to me so I dont see why they can't be posted from US as survey equipment or similar.

Also can't find anything useful on the Brugger & Thomets, but then I am struggling with a new smart(arse)phone ATM.

I see where you are coming from by carefully torquing a standard set of mounts, it is just a lot more pfaffing about than I would like, the QD systems look so slick.

Archived