Schmidt and Bender

Zig

Anyone know if the rumours that schmidt have stopped their supply of scopes to civvys is true? Been told you can't get schmidts from schmidt fasterthan 3 months now; but heard that that's code that actually means you can't get schmidts fullstop, and theyre in meltdown. Anyone know the truth?

Anyone know if the rumours that schmidt have stopped their supply of scopes to civvys is true? Been told you can't get schmidts from schmidt fasterthan 3 months now; but heard that that's code that actually means you can't get schmidts fullstop, and theyre in meltdown. Anyone know the truth?

I received 02 emails from Sabina Schmidt in the last 48 hours in relation to 2 scope i have with them for modifications

There seems not to have issues with me at all

Don't know how much you can read into that .......

I understood that they had obtained a massive contract from the USMC which was going to cause supply problems elsewhere.

I have had a 12-50PM II on order since last July was originally quoted an 18 week lead time, after many phone calls and emails I was finally told last week that they could not guarantee a delivery date for the scope in the near future and asked if I wished to cancel the order.

Thats exactly the sort of thing Ive heard of

Just a thought fella's if it means that much email S&B or give them a call and ask them direct. Rumours and myths dont help anyone.

This is widely broadcast on the trade chat net and has a strong sniff of truth to it.

But I don't think S&B would be ready to confirm "yes we're in freefall" by telephone - even if that's the case :lol:

Just a thought fella's if it means that much email S&B or give them a call and ask them direct. Rumours and myths dont help anyone.

I did and got the same answer as from the importer, that they could not give me a definite delivery in the near future. luckily in my case Elwood was selling a scope the same spec as I had on order so not really an issue.

So far all WE have heard are rumours, strong sniff or not. It is precisely this kind of chat that can and HAS sent companies to the wall as it can and DOES change customer views. Keep the faith, buy with confidence using your credit card and if these rumours turn out to be true then make your claim against your credit card company and you wont loose out. There are very few, if any companies that are not suffering with the world economy right now and probably will for a few more years to come yet.

So far all WE have heard are rumours, strong sniff or not. It is precisely this kind of chat that can and HAS sent companies to the wall as it can and DOES change customer views. Keep the faith, buy with confidence using your credit card and if these rumours turn out to be true then make your claim against your credit card company and you wont loose out. There are very few, if any companies that are not suffering with the world economy right now and probably will for a few more years to come yet.

hi there everyone phoned york guns today about new 3x20x50pm11 all they have instock is 5x25x56 and 12x50x56 and

cant say when new stock arrives,ive got one of each and i dont want another.i think there are behind on the US

ORDER and the sh-t is going to hit the fan.never mind soundS like some more import tax to find. ATB LEE

York Guns are no longer the Schmidt UK importers. I tried to order a PM11 a few weeks ago and was told they were selling off all stock and were not taking new orders.

The 3-20x50 has been a long time coming, I can't see it hitting the civy market any time soon.

I understood that they had obtained a massive contract from the USMC which was going to cause supply problems elsewhere.

Hi Dave,

I had a look on the York Guns Website - Link to S&B page - there is an article on it saying that they have won a contract to supply the US military with scopes worth over $34.2 millon dollars,

Thanks

York Guns are no longer the Schmidt UK importers. I tried to order a PM11 a few weeks ago and was told they were selling off all stock and were not taking new orders.

The 3-20x50 has been a long time coming, I can't see it hitting the civy market any time soon.

Hi All,

It seems strange that York Guns are no longer the S&B importers. It was not that long ago that York Guns became the sole official importer after winning a 'beauty contest' involving at least 3 other UK companies,

Alan

Hi All,

It seems strange that York Guns are no longer the S&B importers. It was not that long ago that York Guns became the sole official importer after winning a 'beauty contest' involving at least 3 other UK companies,

Alan

Scuttlebutt is that S&B is in a management-induced period of 'turbulence' -along the lines of the Gerald Ratner school of business leadership.

I,d like to know where your info on York losing the dealership comes from Scotch ?

No one in the trade has heard anything about this ? :blink:

'Losing' is the wrong word. 'Threaders' is said to be the case. Becoming widely spoken of amongst the people I'm dealing with.

Just look. Stock being disposed of to retail at cost. It's not S&B doing a 'you're fired'; it's being talked of as York doing an 'abandon ship' to get away from them.

Try getting a delivery time on something York don't still have on the shelf. :)

'Losing' is the wrong word. 'Threaders' is said to be the case. Becoming widely spoken of amongst the people I'm dealing with.

Just look. Stock being disposed of to retail at cost. It's not S&B doing a 'you're fired'; it's being talked of as York doing an 'abandon ship' to get away from them.

Try getting a delivery time on something York don't still have on the shelf. :)

I can't remember the name of the chap I spoke to but I was told they are now stocking zeiss and won't be dealing Schmidt.

I wouldn't post the info if I hadn't got it first hand.

I had the same exeprience when I rang York Guns back in December 2011, about purchasing a DG type S&B scope.

Regards

MB

Fair enough guys, you cant get better info than from the horses mouth so to speak ! :)

Its just a shame they dont see fit to inform all the trades people that deal with them regularly, and by that, I mean the full time, gunsmiths, gunshops etc, not the part time peddlers the trade is plagued with, as most of these have accounts with york unfortunatly.

If what all this leads to, ie, S+B basically forgoing the civilian market for a one time deal with the US military....they had better hope they have good pensions sorted....because they wont have any business left when the contract ends. Business suicide.Also a disgraceful way to treat their worldwide civilian customers.

Nightforce will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Zeiss need to realise that not everyone uses kentucky windage, or shoots deer, and put some decent target turrets on their sights.

Also makes you wonder what happens to their 30 year warranty.... no time any more?

I have a number of Schmidts....hope they never develop a fault!

Archived