New toy

6.5shooter

Just thought some of you might like to see a new toy that I have been waiting on for the last 4 months to arrive.

Its a Dan Wesson pm7 in .45 acp.

Its a limited production pistol and boy is it smooth and accurate. I have a sig in .45 and it makes it look like cheap dirt even though the sig was another £500 more!

For the money theese pistols are the dogs danglies!!

Sorry about the poor quality pic.

http://m1213.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Garry84/6b053338.jpg.html?o=0

6b053338.jpg

Garry

Ouch!!!!!!

That post is below the belt:blink: .

Seriously though that is a very pretty Pistol and in a proper caliber too.

When i shot Pistols Dan Wesson just made huge Revolvers.

You got me feeling all melancholy now.

Nick.

Ha, dam right its a proper calibre! My 9mm feels like a .22 after using my .45.

Squeezing the trigger gently until 'boom!' that big 230 grain bullet ejaculates from the muzzle with a sluggish thump, aaaaaa, it just sends shivers into my nether region! :lol:

Ah man that's not fair!!!!

Man! Even I won't post pics of my new handguns for my UK brethren to see. Too cruel! But now that the gates open a crack...

I picked up a Springfield Armory XD Tactical .45 last month. Absolutely the most accurate .45 I have ever shot, with any loads.

SpfldTactical45.jpg

This wasn't even trying hard. I have shot 2.5" groups at 25 yards with the weak hand and flicked golf balls around at fifty yards with the strong. Astoundingly easy to handle with a 14 round magazine too boot.~Andrew

PS: Those two holes were the staple I was shooting at.

Great looking pistol.

I shot a CZ75 as my Auto here in the UK for a long while, a great pistol that I could probably have hammered nails in with if needed. These days I shoot a Sig 210M which offers greater accuracy and still feels reminiscent of the 75.but without the rattles, it also gives greater accuracy.

+1 for the cz75! I have an spo1 in 9mm and it has outshot anyother 9mm that i have shot/had previous. Have never shot a sig 9mm but 9mm's seem to be more bullet weight fussy than .45.

Istick to 115 or 124 gr heads in the 9 but the .45 shoots most handloads I throw at it. The .45 does have more accuracy potential!

The 210M is more accurate than the 75 for me but I seldom shoot beyond 35m. I am just dithering over something new and was thinking of a 10mm something.

10mm is limited to 10mm auto or 40 s+w in a pistol, me

personally I would go 40 s+w, thats what I am shooting IPSC with.

It has similar accuracy to the 9mm but with a bit more punch and you still have high mag capacity. This is the ideal cartridge for IPSC but I suppose it depends on what division of IPSC you want to shoot.

If my .45's had the mag capacity of a 9mm or 40 id be using them for it.

If I were an evil moderator, id delete this post :rolleyes:

Just not fair, not fair at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a tear in my eye now,,,,,,,

Just remember guys, that the elected representatives of both the IOM and northern ireland are part of the same government as the mainland,in law.

That boils my piss. :mad:

I,m glad you guys can enjoy them. Its a shame we are not to be trusted with them on the mainland.

I believe its the case that 75% of FAC,s in Ireland were issued for self defence.

I really wish we could we could have any handguns back I would love to do 3 gun comps that said a couldn't hit jack that which promotes growth and vigour with a hand gun when we could have them :blush:

Mick

Forgive my ignorance but isn't there a mechanism for repealing laws in the UK? Seems like you folks got bent over when they took your handguns. As much as I like rifle shooting I consider myself, primarily, a handgunner. I have racks of them from black powder revolver to bolt action varminters. To give them up would wreck me.~Andrew

Just remember guys, that the elected representatives of both the IOM and northern ireland are part of the same government as the mainland,in law.

That boils my piss. :mad:

I,m glad you guys can enjoy them. Its a shame we are not to be trusted with them on the mainland.

I believe its the case that 75% of FAC,s in Ireland were issued for self defence.

You are dead right Dave, its so very silly!

On the other hand, here in the north we cant shoot 338 or 50 cal etc like you guys can. We have no dedicated ranges etc. Even rifle range facilities suck compared you England/Scotland.

We only have one 600m rifle range in the north thats not MOD and its only opened. Getting days to shoot on the MOD ranges is a pain in the ass.

Garry

Do you ever get to Kells pistol club, just outside Belfast Garry ?

I have never been to it myself but a few friends shoot at it and have asked me to go up with them.

I live near the border so its a bit of a treck as I think its up near Ballymena which is about 1 hour 40 mins away.

My main club is starting to get into IPSC more and we might start practical shotgun next year aswell, dont think any other club over here holds practical shotgun matches yet.

What is the law for a shooter in england wishing to participate in pistol events over here? Can he hold pistols?

Same way if I wanted to go to england to shoot a 338 or 50 cal, could I own one with the intent of travelling across the water to shoot it?

Forgive my ignorance but isn't there a mechanism for repealing laws in the UK? Seems like you folks got bent over when they took your handguns. As much as I like rifle shooting I consider myself, primarily, a handgunner. I have racks of them from black powder revolver to bolt action varminters. To give them up would wreck me.~Andrew

There is mate but the way the press work in this country it would be political suicide to even think about repealing this law IMHO. We may get single shot target pistols but I can't see it myself.

After all the Northern Ireland troubles what a ridiculous turn around, that we in the UK are divided like this by law.

Not long since they wouldn't issue you rifles bigger than 22-250 wasn't it and now you are nearly(not 338 etc) better off than the mainland.

I enjoy my rifles and have shot pistol but never got into it, but why oh why shouldn't others still enjoy it if that floats their boat.

Not trying to open a hornets nest here and no way flaming or arguing with the OP but I suppose to some it could be seen as a very contentious issue. ;)

Archived