Women :rolleyes: they just don't get it!

andybrock

Took the Mrs out shooting over the weekend because she has been saying she wanted to have a look thru the NV unit......what a disaster, the place we were going to was only a couple of miles from home, so we set off and we have literally gone a mile and its "I need a wee".....back home we go :angry: Set off again and 10 minutes later I'm set up, so she has a look thru the archer and it's "is that it, it's all green, I'm going to sit in the land rover" another 10 minutes go by and it's "I'm bored I haven't got a phone signal, can't get on facebook,can't see anything and I'm cold" this is after I spent ages telling her that this is exactly what to expect. So we pack up and on the way home she says "I can't believe you spent a grand on something that makes everything green" (good job she doesn't know the real cost ;) ) so by the time we get home had a brew to calm down I decide to go back out open the door and it's absolutely tipping it down, so it's unpack the landy and a night of x factor and I'm a celebrity to look forward too :o:o ......"we'll go out again when the weather gets a bit warmer" she says......I don't think so.

Much the same happened to me.

She came lamping with me as I told her she was on lamp duty. I wanted to go down the fields on foot or on the quad but she said the fox would come in and maybe bite her and give her rabies. After I got over the laughter we set off in the jeep, only out half an hour and she was looking home again because she was cold and her arm was gettin sore holding the lamp out the window.

Needless to say we went home soon after that.

Garry

I'm certainly a lucky man, my better half is quite happy to come stalking and shooting with me. I took her out the other day and shot a doe and she seemed happier about it than me, she sure does like venison. She's also quite keen on rabbit shooting with the air rifle as well as going to the range and having a bash with the bigger rifles. The only down side is she keeps hinting at how she'd like a rifle with the scope set up for her, and we all know thats expensive.

Paul

I managed to drag mine out round my golf course permission. She made a really good lamp "man" actually and she seemed to enjoy it but then I asked if she wanted to go again she said no I never got a go last time! I said why didn't you ask!! She says she will come out when the weather picks up again

Nice post it made me chuckle.

Shot air rifles with the ex wife in the garden and she was always bragging about how she was a better shot on paper than me, so I took her rat shooting. I was popping them off and noticed she hadn't hit anything.

When asked why she said "They don't stand still long enough!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure what she expected.

• 4 weeks later...

They certainly dont see the point in spending lots of money on shooting kit, my girlfriend loves shooting cans with my rapid but is not so keen when i tell her the setup cost a grand. I remember showing my .222 to her dad, sako 75 jet-z schmidt bender 3-12x50 all new and her mum asked me how much it cost? With the worrying thought of her repossessing her daughter in my mind i responded quickly with "the whole lot cost about £800" she simply called me an eejit and walked out of the room. Thank god they are easily bluffed!!!!! ;)

They certainly dont see the point in spending lots of money on shooting kit, my girlfriend loves shooting cans with my rapid but is not so keen when i tell her the setup cost a grand. I remember showing my .222 to her dad, sako 75 jet-z schmidt bender 3-12x50 all new and her mum asked me how much it cost? With the worrying thought of her repossessing her daughter in my mind i responded quickly with "the whole lot cost about £800" she simply called me an eejit and walked out of the room. Thank god they are easily bluffed!!!!! ;)

Easily bluffed that,s where they have us fooled....do you think the handbag and shoe set up really cost £40 in the sale have a little dig through her wardrobe and see all the new "had that for ages clothes " .

Mine kept on about trying shooting targets in the summer , after the moaning about walking to the shooting position with the heavy rifles , her being plagued with insects (all the perfume & smellies) peeing outside , re arranging my kit setup so it looks neat & tidy "just in case anybody see's it " after shooting a couple of plates @ 500m with the .243 i got the "well that's it whats all the fuss about"

i finished off by taking off the mod of the .308 and let her shoot it , one shot later she was done and does not wish to come again....sorted

Archived