Huddersfield rifle club

Hello has anybody got a phone number for Brokholes /Huddersfield rifle club .I have been on the web site and left a email but not got anything back ??

Thanks Mick

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a member but have lost touch with most of the current members. If you go on a Saturday afternoon for about 1 ish and introduce yourself I'm sure you'll receive a warm welcome. They are always looking for new members. Depending on if it is a comp day though don't be too upset if you don't get to shoot. They also have electronic targets there which they are a bit protective of because it is fairly easy to damage them. I would go sooner rather than later though before they start winding down for the winter. Help setting up and packing away always goes down well.

If you want directions PM and I'll send them through.

Mick, trust me, you would not fit in with the gun you have. ;)

Its a target rifle club.

I called up last weekend .youre right .single loading no mags ,no brakes or sound mods and I think the bloke I spoke to said i would only be able to fire 26 rounds .Diggle it is then :D .whats it cost to join / shoot ?

Mick

Come to Diggle with the raggy lads.... :D

Cant remember what the subs are , but its maybe £135 a year ? Or it could be £105. A day visitor is £15 i think. A great club with loads of disciplines Mick.

Mick- me and a mate are going to diggle next saturday 21st-we are hopefully shooting in the 100yds we spoke to vince and a few other members a few weeks ago when we were up there getting some goodies off brian fox,they made us very welcome and couldnt see any problems shooting.

my pal is taking his custom .22br and im taking my sako6ppc factory stick.iv been tinkering all week with some loads to shoot on the day which are fairly accurate -but on the day i think we will be shown how accurate some rifles can be.if nowt else we may get a wooden spoon to take home.really looking forward to it more for the knowledge and tips we hope to pick up.

Mick- me and a mate are going to diggle next saturday 21st-we are hopefully shooting in the 100yds we spoke to vince and a few other members a few weeks ago when we were up there getting some goodies off brian fox,they made us very welcome and couldnt see any problems shooting.

my pal is taking his custom .22br and im taking my sako6ppc factory stick.iv been tinkering all week with some loads to shoot on the day which are fairly accurate -but on the day i think we will be shown how accurate some rifles can be.if nowt else we may get a wooden spoon to take home.really looking forward to it more for the knowledge and tips we hope to pick up.

Shooting Factory Benchrest is an eye opener.

Sat 22nd

Shooting Factory Benchrest is an eye opener.

Sat 22nd

provarmint- ithink we will struggle to come in last :blush: i just looked on the ukbr website and the rules state- no bi-pods -neither of us have a front rest only rear bags -all our varminting and paper punching is done off bi-pods and i never shoot without a mod on semms like we are on a slippery slope already :o

provarmint- ithink we will struggle to come in last :blush: i just looked on the ukbr website and the rules state- no bi-pods -neither of us have a front rest only rear bags -all our varminting and paper punching is done off bi-pods and i never shoot without a mod on semms like we are on a slippery slope already :o

Turn up give it a go, they are very accommodating, best of luck.

Vince will never turn anyone away for lack of equipment, trust me. ;)

He does his utmost to encourage new shooters and you WILL be made welcome. I have no doubt that you will be able to shoot the match off bipods, its just that your scores wont be counted in the match. I've shot 1000 yards br like this with a braked and bipodded rifle, just for the fun of it, and no problems at all.

Get yourselves over guys you will have a good day.

Come to Diggle with the raggy lads.... :D

Cant remember what the subs are , but its maybe £135 a year ? Or it could be £105. A day visitor is £15 i think. A great club with loads of disciplines Mick.

hi Dave give me a shout next time you go up "all weekends this month spoken for " going to try and get that Leupy of my mate too .

Mick

Gary,

There are pleanty of people who have shot BR off bipods, come along and have a go, I score the targets and I will certainly score yours :rolleyes: , No bipod predjudice here

Factory sporter has been won many times before by people shooting off a bipod, so bring your gear and have a go.

Cheers

Bruce

It's funny how things change. I started shooting rifles at Paul Lane (great club, shame the range isn't longer) but quickly wanted to increase the distance a bit and was told not to even bother with diggle as its a closed shop and you won't get in (I know this is not the case now :rolleyes: ) so I tried deer hill (now that was a waste of time, closed shop, unfriendly bunch :angry: ) which is how I ended up a Brokholes.

I got a warm welcome they let me shoot on my first visit and no it's not just a dedicated TR club. I used to shoot there initially with a .223 rem 700 sendero off a harris bipod with a moderator fitted. Yes they do do 10+2 pretty much all the time and at the time they only had 200 and 500 yds (they now have 100 too) but if they weren't busy or you are willing to wait until after the others have put comp cards in you could do load development or plinking etc which is great on the electronic targets.

Just before I moved down south I finally got a contact at diggle who introduced me and a mate to the club. Thats when we found out the rumours aren't true but unfortunately I never even completed my membership application form before I moved down here. Having shot there a few times now I think diggle is great. I just wish there was something similar down here.

I thank Dave (Baldie) for his kind and very true words regarding Diggle. We have no problems with bi-pods, moderators, muzzle-brakes, 338Lap Mag. Camo trousers etc.

Benchrest shooters - no probs shooting from a bi-pod - as Dave says - we won't turn anyone away through lack of equipment.

Finally - Dave, my no-turn neck 260 Rem. reamer has a 297 neck, which works with necked-up 243 Lapua brass. Any idea what a loaded round measures across the neck with 260 Lapua brass?

Thanks

Vince

C18RCH,

I used to also shoot at Paul lane and like you said it was a pity it was only 100yds. Nice little shop etc.

I also heard similar stories about diggle and it being a closed shop, invite only etc etc.

Maybe this was a way of keeping members from straying?

I thank Dave (Baldie) for his kind and very true words regarding Diggle. We have no problems with bi-pods, moderators, muzzle-brakes, 338Lap Mag. Camo trousers etc.

Benchrest shooters - no probs shooting from a bi-pod - as Dave says - we won't turn anyone away through lack of equipment.

Finally - Dave, my no-turn neck 260 Rem. reamer has a 297 neck, which works with necked-up 243 Lapua brass. Any idea what a loaded round measures across the neck with 260 Lapua brass?

Thanks

Vince

Hi Vince,

I have some .243 lapua necked up and loaded with sierra 140 grain smk,s ...they measured .292 across the loaded neck and are virgin brass.

I also have some lapua .260 loaded with the same bullet , and they measure .294 across the neck, again, virgin brass.

My reamer doesn,t like the necked up brass unless turned to get rid of the tiny donut.

The .260 brass is way better in my gun.

C18RCH,

I used to also shoot at Paul lane and like you said it was a pity it was only 100yds. Nice little shop etc.

I also heard similar stories about diggle and it being a closed shop, invite only etc etc.

Maybe this was a way of keeping members from straying?

I don't know. I think one person has had a bad experience and is making it known. I (now) know plenty of people who are members of both clubs.

Diggle has never been a 'closed shop' or 'invite only'.

We have over 300 members from complete novice to international shooters.

We offer shooting at all ranges from 100 to 1000 yards and we have covered firing points with concrete benches at 100, 300, 600 and 1000 yards.

We just about cover the whole spectrum of competitive shooting - F Class, Target Rifle, Benchrest, Lever Action, Quigley, Tactical, Practical Rifle, Practical Shotgun, Classic Military etc. We do have a clay range but we don't run 'clay' comps.

Applications for membership are welcome.

Vince (Membership Sec)

Ive shot at Diggle for the last six ? years or so.

Ive never ever experieneced "closed shop" or "northeners only" attitude.

Some of the lads there do have a wicked sense of humour, give back what you get.

One of the most appealling things is the wealth of experience of shooters, multi discipline availabilty and easy access to firing points.

Plus, it has no prima donna's, just good natured down to earth guys who enjoy their sport.

Vince has summed up the facilities in a previous post.

Vince should be thanked for all his hard work at promoting our sport - a true ambassador for the PSSA and rifle shooting.

Ive shot at Diggle for the last six ? years or so.

Ive never ever experieneced "closed shop" or "northeners only" attitude.

Christ! does that mean there will be some shandy drinking southerners and other aliens from that side of the "nines"?

:lol:

Been rumoured that even people from south of chester and west of Hereford have been there and left unscathed.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although some sheep were never the same again :D

Archived