where do you keep your drop chart

I've laminated my charts at A5 size and keep it in a top pocket where its easily accessible. i've also seen people stick them to the side of the stock. if you have a graduated reticle i've seen people work out the range for each graduation and stick that inside a scope cap but its a bit basic.

App on my HTC Desire works a treat out to 500hundred (mainly as thats as far as i have shot) Used in conjunction with my wind meter. Deadly providing i do my part!!!

this may take your interest take a look at this video would love one of these be very handy for lamping.

J

App on my HTC Desire works a treat out to 500hundred (mainly as thats as far as i have shot) Used in conjunction with my wind meter. Deadly providing i do my part!!!

this may take your interest take a look at this video would love one of these be very handy for lamping.

J

just what Iam after I have seen them before but now I have to find who sells them

On the AI it is laminated in large credit card size metres one side and yards other, it is tied to my scope rings, I have the same data taped to my rangefinder.

my last post,

sorry for seeiming to hog,

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/554b1934e8617f0802428306/Leupold+Ballistic+Retractable+Chart/

Enjoy guys...ordered mine ;-P

Nice 1 mite have to get one looks like a good idear

Ronny,

In answer to your 'Do you guys carry charts with all the different wind speeds and directions as well as elevation adjustments?' - no, I resolve all winds to 90 degrees/3-9 oclock then there is only one value required on the table.

Re.where do you keep them, depends on situation, either a 'Rat-Pack organiser my day sack, in a pouch on a belt at a competiton where you have to move about or simply in a sleeve/hip pocket if on the light side.

I'm after the less is more effect and went with Brown Dog's charts, no PDA, no spare batteries or reliance on technology. Print them off any size you want as many times as you want and laminate.

Cheers Terry

I really like the system they use on these scopes http://www.greybullprecision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=5 they mark the elevation turret in range, so you just dial the range directly, then they have the 10mph wind for that range printed on the elevation turret above the range. I made labels based on this for my turret with a label printer and I think it works pretty well.

I agree with the comment above re "all the wind speed/directions" wind deflection varies linearly with wind speed so it is easy to mentally calculate the correction from the 10mph value. as for angle, how precisely can you measure this anyway? I would just use the army full/half/no value system in the field p89 here http://www.scribd.com/doc/100948/US-field-manual-sniper-training

What Terry was describing was converting all winds to their equivalent 90 deg wind.

eg in terms of deflection, a 10mph wind coming in at 45degrees to the gun-target line will have the same effect as a 7mph wind at 90 deg.

Convert all winds to their 90 deg equivalents, then simply treat them as their 90deg equivalents.

Simples :)

This also makes talking to a partner easier "what wind have you got on?" no more discussions about 3 and a half miles an hour at 4 oclock compared to 4 and a half at 5 oclock.

Just talk in 'equivalent 90 deg wind' and you're all straight on the same page.

Archived