bore scope

1967spud

i am after a bore scope , what should i go for or if there is a seconhand one about i am interested

• 5 months later...

You won't regret buying a borescope. The Hawkeye is the obvious one to go for but I fear you'll struggle to find a secondhand one.

There are a few options - like a focussing eye-piece and the angled eyepiece. You can manage without either but both are nice to have. The angled eye piece just saves your knees! The focussing eyepiece helps with the picture - so useful.

Fox Firearms usually have the odd one in stock.

Vince

Be warned- using borescopes can be a depressing experience. There are often things found that don't improve your confidence but on their own aren't necessarily gonna change what happens on paper. Very useful to find fouling though.

Chris-NZ

You won't regret buying a borescope. The Hawkeye is the obvious one to go for but I fear you'll struggle to find a secondhand one.

There are a few options - like a focussing eye-piece and the angled eyepiece. You can manage without either but both are nice to have. The angled eye piece just saves your knees! The focussing eyepiece helps with the picture - so useful.

Fox Firearms usually have the odd one in stock.

Vince

IvThanks for the Vince ive been trying to get hold off him all last week, hes always at diggle

ill get him next week,

i know they be depressive but i think itll pay for its self in the end for what i plan to use it for.

I've got a standard Hawkeye and to be honest I wouldn't be without one now.

I find it a great asset in checking on how good your cleaning regimes are.

Also it tracks the barrels progression through life.

You will be suprised when you get one that with some barrels your cleaning procedures fall well short of the mark!

To all the guys who profess that patches are enough and would never take a brush to their bore, please don't buy a bore scope you may get upset.

Cheers

Dave

A good client insisted that he should aquire himself a bore scope. Which he duly did and sold if after just three weeks..................in his own words . HE SAW TOO MUCH !!!!!!!!! :D

+1...I'd rather see the paper holes and the game pile up, than have sleepless nights about that 'bit of copper' that I can't get out of my barrel after 20 rounds of brushing! I have a couple of barrels that shoot crap clean but are tack drivers dirty. What would a bore scope offer? I accept its use when buying a (used or even new) gun or inspecting a barrel that is about to be fitted to your action, but after that, I'd rather let the shooting do the talking...

best wishes,

Finman

i want it for my reloadingim working on a youtube upload but need a bore scope to complete it

youll all be surprised once you see the clip

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge and bought one.

I can now see if my cleaning is working, it's also handy that I have two new barrels here to compare against.

which did you get ian

• 2 months later...

Now you will know for definite which cleaning methods work.

i will indeed

still frightened of a phospherus brush though

Ian i have an unchambered 6.5 tube i can do if thats ok

the one i did in that vid was my 6.5-284 with 1400 rounds under its belt, but i have just properly cleaned in with boreteck eliminater which is briiliant far better than any thing else ive ever tried

Archived