A warning to all, please read

Please read this if you are thinking of spending any of your hard earned at Global Rifle.

My friend and I visited the Newark Shooting Show last weekend, and on the whole it was a very enjoyable day.

However, whilst at the Global Rifle stand, we were told by Romy and her Son about the brilliant Trustfire TR 1200 Lumen LED gunlight that “easily lit a fox at 300 meters”, and the “truly amazing” HID remote control Golight, which would apparently shine for 1 mile, and was 10 times brighter than a lightforce.

I decided that I would purchase one of the gunlights (£90) and my friend was seriously thinking about the Golight HID (£400).

He decided against it, but Romy followed us out of the tent and stopped him, offering him it for £300. He returned to the stand and bought one.

After travelling home, we went out to our usual lamping spot to test the lights.

First was my gunlight. I shone it at a tree which I had range found at 200yds (with another show purchase, leica rangefinder), and the result was extremely disappointing. The beam was VERY wide, which meant that the tree was barely visible, never mind a fox at 300 meters!

I wondered if I had a bad one, so decided to google the torch to see if I could find any reviews, only to find that they were for sale on various websites for £29!!! Here

This annoyed me to say the least.

I have a Cluson CluBriter 200Lumen torch, and this lit the tree up with no problem at all. This Trustfire torch is supposed to be 1200Lumen. Hmmm.

Then came the HID GoLight.

We decided to try it on an Oak tree, 505yds away, and it seemed to light it up not too bad.

We scanned it round with the remote, and it got stuck, having to be freed off by hand.

We put it back on the oak tree, then switched it off and shone a Lightforce Striker at the same tree. OMG, the Lightforce was HUGELY brighter!!! It made the GoLight look like someone was shining a candle at the tree!

Major disappointment!

The Golight then decided to refuse to switch back on, and again wouldn’t move. Just got a whirring sound from the motor.

Monday morning came, and I decided to call Global Rifle to air my views.

Romy answered, and after me explaining how disappointing the torch was, and that I could buy it for a third of the price elsewhere, she said that she would ring me back once her husband and son arrived at work.

She did, the conversation went like this:

Romy : I’m sorry that you are disappointed with the gunlight, it has 5 LED’s so will never get a tight beam. Never mind, you have a nice unit to use as a torch.

Me: But I was clearly told that it would illuminate a fox up to 300m away, and it doesn’t. It was also massively overpriced.

Romy: I’m sorry, you bought it at a show, and we can’t offer a refund on any item bought at shows. They are sold as seen.

Me: So that is it then?

Romy: Yes, that’s it…….HANGS UP!!!!!

My friend was told the exact same when he rang about the GoLight. :mad: :mad:

All in all, we are now left with two bits of kit which will never be used.

Sorry for the long report, but I wanted to warn others before dealing with these B@st@@ds.

I will never ever deal with them again, and can’t wait to see them at the next show :lol:

Paul.

Ah, just followed your link, I saw these for sale as well. Do you mind if I post this up on another forum as well? We always say if you have a problem talk to the gun shop, but if they hang up it is time to tell people before they fall into the same trap :angry:

I'd heard bad things about them before, that their (his) claims about kit performance at shows were (literally) XXXXXXX boasts.

With the golight thopugh you surely have them, I don't think the sale of goods act says anything about not applying to things bought at shows! If it doesn't work they have to make it right.

Ah, just followed your link, I saw these for sale as well. Do you mind if I post this up on another forum as well? We always say if you have a problem talk to the gun shop, but if they hang up it is time to tell people before they fall into the same trap :angry:

No problem at all Davy, the more that know, the better.

there is no such thing as "sold as seen" when your trade,you have a rock solid 28 days fir for purpose guarantee,even if it was fit for purpose you can return the item for a full refund provided it is in the same condition as you purchased it

as its already been said call trading standards

Sales of goods and services act covers this clearly. items must be fit for purpose

Unless they had a sign up saying 'sold as seen' that's it.

Also FYI you sometimes see the sign 'sale item, cannot be returned' that's a no on also.

T

As above you can return it within 28 days no questions asked. However the downside is you may have to take it to court to get your money back if they decide to argue. I have an ongoing dispute with MidwayUK over a product that isn't "fit for purpose" as far as I'm concerned. They won't give a refund because it is beyond 28 days so if I want to take it further I will have to take them to court.

I wouldn't deal with global rifle ever, heard too many bad reports and I have yet to see him XXXXXX at any of the shows.

The Admin FB'er has posted something about this in a couple of places and I have added my two pence worth underneath the posts. It took me a moment to realise who they were until she pointed out I was talking to someone about this company at Newark on Sunday, the opinion seemed to be they make wild claims and do the trade no good.

Hope you and your friend get this issue resolved ASAP as it is a lot of money to just throw away.

A heads up for everyone, if you see a website advertising something with what looks like a manufacturers image as well as searching by name have a look for the image:

http://www.tineye.com/

A couple of times I have been after something, could not find it by product name but this site found me other sites using the same image. :ph34r:

Please read this if you are thinking of spending any of your hard earned at Global Rifle.

My friend and I visited the Newark Shooting Show last weekend, and on the whole it was a very enjoyable day.

However, whilst at the Global Rifle stand, we were told by Romy and her Son about the brilliant Trustfire TR 1200 Lumen LED gunlight that “easily lit a fox at 300 meters”, and the “truly amazing” HID remote control Golight, which would apparently shine for 1 mile, and was 10 times brighter than a lightforce.

I decided that I would purchase one of the gunlights (£90) and my friend was seriously thinking about the Golight HID (£400).

He decided against it, but Romy followed us out of the tent and stopped him, offering him it for £300. He returned to the stand and bought one.

After travelling home, we went out to our usual lamping spot to test the lights.

First was my gunlight. I shone it at a tree which I had range found at 200yds (with another show purchase, leica rangefinder), and the result was extremely disappointing. The beam was VERY wide, which meant that the tree was barely visible, never mind a fox at 300 meters!

I wondered if I had a bad one, so decided to google the torch to see if I could find any reviews, only to find that they were for sale on various websites for £29!!! Here

This annoyed me to say the least.

I have a Cluson CluBriter 200Lumen torch, and this lit the tree up with no problem at all. This Trustfire torch is supposed to be 1200Lumen. Hmmm.

Then came the HID GoLight.

We decided to try it on an Oak tree, 505yds away, and it seemed to light it up not too bad.

We scanned it round with the remote, and it got stuck, having to be freed off by hand.

We put it back on the oak tree, then switched it off and shone a Lightforce Striker at the same tree. OMG, the Lightforce was HUGELY brighter!!! It made the GoLight look like someone was shining a candle at the tree!

Major disappointment!

The Golight then decided to refuse to switch back on, and again wouldn’t move. Just got a whirring sound from the motor.

Monday morning came, and I decided to call Global Rifle to air my views.

Romy answered, and after me explaining how disappointing the torch was, and that I could buy it for a third of the price elsewhere, she said that she would ring me back once her husband and son arrived at work.

She did, the conversation went like this:

Romy : I’m sorry that you are disappointed with the gunlight, it has 5 LED’s so will never get a tight beam. Never mind, you have a nice unit to use as a torch.

Me: But I was clearly told that it would illuminate a fox up to 300m away, and it doesn’t. It was also massively overpriced.

Romy: I’m sorry, you bought it at a show, and we can’t offer a refund on any item bought at shows. They are sold as seen.

Me: So that is it then?

Romy: Yes, that’s it…….HANGS UP!!!!!

My friend was told the exact same when he rang about the GoLight. :mad: :mad:

All in all, we are now left with two bits of kit which will never be used.

Sorry for the long report, but I wanted to warn others before dealing with these B@st@@ds.

I will never ever deal with them again, and can’t wait to see them at the next show :lol:

Paul.

Paul,

This is a very simple, if boring, situation to resolve.

Paying the wrong price? Your fault -nothing to resolve there

Being sold the item on duff claims and sales patter; as some have said; you are bullet-proof under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

ONE Read these

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/DG_182935

TWO If you don't find that straightforward, pop into your local citizen's advice bureau - easy and free.

THREE

Put your complaint in writing in a letter to the seller.

Factual only.

State what you want them to do to resolve the situation.

State the actions you will take if they refuse to resolve it or do not answer within 2 weeks.

Keep a copy.

Send it by recorded delivery.

In it request that the situation be resolved immediately; and describe the actions you will undertake if they are not:

Most obvious is small claims court action (which is very cheap and easy, and which -if the situation is as you describe and the sales discussions witnessed- you will win. Citizens Advice will explain the process).

But I would also list the other bodies that you will inform in writing of the alleged dishonest trading practice if the situation is not resolved:

The organisers of the Show.

The organisers of the CLA Game Fair

The organisers of anywhere else you know they 'show'.

The UK Gun Trade Association

I might even include the Head of the Firearms Licensing department of the constabulary issuing their RFD.

etc

And then, if they don't resolve it; just do it.

It's much easier than it all sounds.

I fully concur with Brown Dogs post.

A few things I would add is do not delay in doing this because the longer you leave it the more they can argue fair wear and tear on the u/s unit.

ALWAYS ensure any comms are followed up with a letter which is dated, timed & sent via special or signed for delivery.

Anything verbal can be denied, but letters are hard to ignore & will stand the test of court should it get to that stage.

Good luck and I certainly will be staying away from this company.

Thanks guys,

Just in from training and read all the responses ;)

Will start the ball rolling tomorrow.

Not sure it is worth the hassle for £90, but the £300 for my friends lamp makes it worth while.

Besides, its the principle that matters. If nothing is done, they will keep doing it to others.

Thanks again

if all else fails tell your mate that over 3000 people have read about this warning over 5 forums

Threaten them with legal action. They have been lambasted in court before by a customer of mine and it ended up costing them a lot of money. Also, get on to Trading Standards and report it. Finally, if you paid by credit card, contact the card issuer to stop the payment.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

Archived