UKV GF Shoot date for 2011

kip270

Well it will soon be upon us the UKV GF Shoot 2011, so just need some dates put down as which would suit GrahamFarmer. The clocks go forward on March the 27th.

To avoid confusion, please note:

the

UKV Rifle Golf WMS shoot [at WMS :rolleyes: ]

and the

UKV GF shoot [at graham's place]

are 2 seperate events.

:)

Well it will soon be upon us the UKV Shoot 2011, so just need some dates put down as which would suit GrahamFarmer. The clocks go forward on March the 27th.

Just for clarity; this is a seperate and additional shoot to the UKV WMS shoot; we'll come up with working titles to differentiate the two to avoid confusion; watch this space :)

Just for clarity; this is a seperate and additional shoot to the UKV WMS shoot; we'll come up with working titles to differentiate the two to avoid confusion; watch this space :)

Is that for the benefit of Jonevo :lol::lol::lol:

Weekend of may 7 or 21, just an idea, missed the WMS one so keen to get on this event.

Because Graham is really busy, we are looking more at the 27th March, the clocks go forward so an extra hour, so it's down to Graham really.

Because Graham is really busy, we are looking more at the 27th March, the clocks go forward so an extra hour, so it's down to Graham really.

Sorry sir, did not realise, I wait for the date but I would not be able to make the 27th its the wedding anniversary and I could not swerve that one I'm afraid.

Come on guys. Only one positive reply so far ? Is it that you want to know what format the comp is going to take this year before you commit or is it the proposed date ?

The final COF has yet to be decided but i can tell you this. We will be shooting gongs again this year but likely from 300 - 5 or 600 yards.

100 & 200 yard targets may take on a Varmint / tactical format and will challenge all who use heavy varmint rigs. You may have to sit, stand & kneel to engage the quarry.

Watch this space for further details, however, if we're going to pull it off we need far more support please chaps..

Grant..

hi guys and girls,

sorry for not posting earlier but things have been a little hectic over the last few weeks with my mum been in hospital over the new year but recovering well now so teas will be online hopefully and the weather causinga few problems and my self awaiting a mri scan as suffering from a trapped nerve or something as have pins and needles in both hands and unable to straighten left hand fingers or grip with it so the shooting season been a bit bare as turned invites down as not safe to use hand with confidence but scan next week so hopefully will find out whats causing the problems as xrays all come back ok.

as for the shoot date looking at the calender the weekends of the 10th and 17th of april which fall in line with previous years are good for me and give a bit of a gap from brown dogs shoot in march allowing people to come to both if they want so go with which is most popular for people .

as for layout well the cropping will dicate we shoot over different ground again with some close percision stuff with a element of simulation of real shooting ie straw bales to shoot off standing then some longer range gong shooting of the benches those that have been befor will know the fun and leg pulling we have along with the help given to those struggling or begining long range work.

so hope to see you all here in april.

graham.

• 1 month later...

This may be a daft question but what is the UKV GF shoot?

I've had a quick read of the posts I can find but I have to admit I haven't looked in depth but I can't find out the course of fire, location, ranges etc. Is the shoot open to anyone?

Rich

This may be a daft question but what is the UKV GF shoot?

I've had a quick read of the posts I can find but I have to admit I haven't looked in depth but I can't find out the course of fire, location, ranges etc. Is the shoot open to anyone?

Rich

Here you go:

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8827&st=0&p=78564&hl=+ukv%20+shoot%20+2010&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=78564

It's our annual meet for all members, a chance to meet some great people, and most of all have a great day shooting.

Cheers for that.

Looks like it was a good day. If I hadn't been going to the UKV Golf or lived a bit closed I would try to make it but I think if I spend another weekend away shooting this year I shall be shot by the other half myself!! :rolleyes:

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go:

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8827&st=0&p=78564&hl=+ukv%20+shoot%20+2010&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=78564

It's our annual meet for all members, a chance to meet some great people, and most of all have a great day shooting.

Hi Chaps.

There was a couple of dates in the mix for Grahams UKV shoot.

Has the final date been set yet :unsure:

Look forward to seeing you all again B)

ATB

Alan

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys. Sunday 17th April 2011 is the date. Graham Farmers place is the venue.

We need to be set up as early as poss so helpers will be appreciated. I should be there at 8 am for my part.

Kip will probably do his safari thing and spend the night in a tent like he did last year so he can milk a few heffers before the shoot...

Please remember to bring a small prize for the table so everyone goes away with something chaps. All being well, we should have a trophy this year courtesy of Ian ( Vermincinerator ).

In case you've forgotten, Grahams addy is , coughton fields farm

coughton fields lane

coughton

alcester

warwickshire

B49 6BT

if you want a rough guide google coughton court the national trust property and we are about 1 mile down the lane from the crossroads in the village off the A435.

Grant...

Archived