.30 Lapua Scenars

Scotch_egg

I have finally collected my Sako TRG only took me 2 months.....

The chap who I bought it off was using the Lapua 155gr Scenars in FTR and was getting good results.

However I am a tight arse and think the prices are a little inflated compared say with the Sierra matchkings and Hornady A-max.

I want plenty of trigger time so cost will be a consideration for me, however I want accuracy not just a bang :blush:

I have also enquired about the HPS target economy ammunition. They are out of the sierra loaded ammo but have the RG left. Any one used it? Is it worth the £53.50 inc postage per 100

cheers

Dave

The other day I saw an offer ... 189 Euro for 1000 155gr A-max.

Another one is Nos custom match bullets in 30 cal, they come in 155, 168, 175 if

I remember right. Prices are very good. In 22cal they are brilliant.

edi

I use the 155 scenar approx £30 x100....though i find 155 Amax more accurate upto 600yards...after that the higher BC of the Lapua 155 keeps it on track better.

RG fodder groups into 1.5 inch @ 100yards at best.

Bisley RWS match ammo in my TRG will stick them in the same hole @100 yards £83 x100 last count.they are still not as good as my own 155 Amax / Lap brass ammo.

Reloaded RWS bisley target brass with 46 grns of varget and a 155 Scenar was giving 2890 fps

The same load and same bullet in Lapua cases is 2860 fps.

This tells me the internal volume is a fraction less in the RWS brass compared to Lap. upping the pressure/velocity.

hope this info is of some help..

Edi,

Where was that price for the A-max, PM me if need be.

Martin,

The Scenar price you quote is signifcantly less than what I had found. Where are you buying from? The RWS brass is pretty good value at around £20 for once fired. As long as is gets me out to 800 yards I will be happy.

Reference the RG ammo, this is actually reloaded ammo using N140 and better grade bullets than stock.

cheers

Dave

I buy my 155s in bulk lots of 1k from Hannams cheaper than anywhere in the UK.

My last lot worked out at 26 / 100

Scotch, stumbled over it on e-gun.

Several guys offer the a-max, 189,- Euro seemed the best price.

That's somewhere around £15,- / 100 or? bit like shootin 22's

on e-gun click

A bit cheaper, 168gr nos custom match J4

nos custom match

edi

wow thats cheap as chips

shame they dont seem to have 105g amax id be oredering right now!!!

altho saying that fi anyone wants to split some 155g amaxs it may be worth a split at that price!

cheers Andy

I have e mailed the shop in Germany. Only thing I am not sure about is import tax from Germany. Will there be any?

Hi

how did u get it into english mate?

if i select english then search Amax it just comes up with a load of random stuff!

cheers Andy

I didn't. I just sent an e mail. I've had a reply with postage cost which is very reasonable. I will ask abou 6mm 105 A-max also.

Hi

cool

can u let me know the psotage(pm if u like)

if you find out about the 6mm 105 deffo let me know coz theres none around here!

cheeers Andy

"SofortKauf" is "Buy it now" and the seller is Pirchmeister in Garbsen ; yup, think it's like a shop selling on ebay.

If you click on the "mygun" next to the seller name you will get the sellers addr and mostly e-mail

I have personally met Sasuwoma Wolfgangs Manks page

he is reliable, can also organize just about any bullet.

If you click on this "Alle 396 Auktionen von sasuwoma" (on the website) it will lead you to all the articles he has for sale on e-gun.

edi

Thanks Edi (love the way his listings say "Neu" after all the geschosse -wouldn't have thought there was much of a market for secondhand :lol: )

desperately trying to spot nosler ballistic tips (but failing! :( )

Matt,

Click on the link, then type either caliber ex. 308 or type ex. nosler into the field marked "Suchbegriff (e)"

clicky

it will show all long rifle bullets of your selection. Only a few Bt's and a few accubonds.

If you mail Wolfgang Mank asking what you are looking for he'd come back with a price,

even if he doesn't have it on stock. Might take a week for a reply, till he has found a supplier and a price.

edi

Matt,

Click on the link, then type either caliber ex. 308 or type ex. nosler into the field marked "Suchbegriff (e)"

clicky

it will show all long rifle bullets of your selection. Only a few Bt's and a few accubonds.

If you mail Wolfgang Mank asking what you are looking for he'd come back with a price,

even if he doesn't have it on stock. Might take a week for a reply, till he has found a supplier and a price.

edi

Hi edi

can u help me out with how to email him!

do u have to register & whts german for "email" lol

cheers ANdy

Hi edi

cheers ANdy

No problem, send me an e-mail with what you are looking for.

Do you want to get a quote from my contact or from another fella on e-gun?

edi

psecomp@googlemail.com

Hi edi

cheers ANdy

Hi Andy, when you Email him quote " Ich gebe Geschlecht für Diskont auf Gewehrgewehrkugeln "...it may help secure a good deal . ;)

No problem, send me an e-mail with what you are looking for.

Do you want to get a quote from my contact or from another fella on e-gun?

edi

psecomp@googlemail.com

hi edi

you should have email on route:-)

cheers andy

However I am a tight arse and think the prices are a little inflated compared say with the Sierra matchkings and Hornady A-max.

Dave

I had the last 8 boxes of “sensibly priced” 168 VLD’s from Brian Fox when he was having strife with Berger.

He said he was working on a deal with an Australian company who make a top quality .30 palma bullet with a view to supplying them at a very reasonable rate – think cheaper than SMK :) . Might be worth dropping him a line, he was definitely convinced they were a competitive and high BC bullet.

I think the .30 Lapua are very overrated, I have never managed to get a decent group with any of the Lap bullets, and especially with the 10g Scenar. I also refuse to buy any more Bergers because of the disgraceful way they treated Fox and ultimately all their uk customers!

Rup

Archived