UKV Rifle Golf Competition at WMS DATE CHANGE: Saturday 26 Mar

The purpose of this post is to invite participation in a UKV coordinated comp at WMS.

Intent:

Informal UKV comp at WMS.

Rifle Golf (that is, groups of 5 or less shooters rotating around a series of firing points (the ‘holes’) and taking on tgts as instructed.

Targets will have a ‘par’ and scoring will be as for golf. Participants will score each other.

Targets will be sited from 100m to 800m.

Shoots will be challenging (such as hit a target at 150, 236 and 500 within 1 minute without re-adjusting your scope between shots).

Around 120 rounds will be required.

The shoot will not be physically demanding, and most movement will take place in own vehicles.

A sense of humour will be required.

Date: Sat March 26 [edited; date changed due to IWA clash]

Entry: £75 per person.

Top gun: Wins back £50 of their entry fee, and donates the remaining £25 to Help for Heroes.

Requirement:

1. To run, the comp needs >10 and <20 people.

2. If (and only if) you are able to commit to attending on the date above; list your intent in this thread.

3. Once we have 10 people; the competition will be formally booked with WMS (who are currently holding the date for us in pencil). Further entry will be permitted up to a limit of 20 participants in total

[Note: Gentleman’s agreement. If you commit and have not subsequently withdrawn the commitment prior to the formal booking being made; you will be expected to pay, regardless of whether you pull out later. ie Don’t say ‘YES’ unless you mean it].

4. When the competition is formally booked; all payments will be required immediately (direct to WMS who will hold the nominal roll). No refunds will be given for subsequent withdrawal from the comp (again, to stop people idly saying ‘yes' and then letting others down at the last minute).

Hopefully that's enough detail to plan on.

Please only use this thread to register intent to attend.

Please post questions on the comp at this link: http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10336

(And don't be Shy! This will only work if people go for it :) )

All,

1,000 Apologies; I've had to shift the date two weeks to the right as it's just been pointed out to me that the original date clashes with the IWA exhibition.

Can't believe I'm having to fundamentally re-tweak within 24hrs of posting the original proposal. Thought I'd checked all the angles :rolleyes: Entirely my fault, as the IWA wasn't on my radar.

The comp is now re-scheduled for Sat 26 Mar and this new date is pencilled for us by WMS.

Please use this thread to register intent to attend on Sat 26 Mar.

Ballistic Hamster, Spud, Gunnery, Long Range capt,

Apologies, as I can't assume that the new date suits you, please would you re-confirm?

Mat i am 99.9% sure its ok can i go down as a yes but need to confirm for definate after xmas please

thanksmark

:lol:

Running Tally

Brown Dog

Ballistic Hamster

Spud

TerryH

Gunnery

Scotch_egg

BOOM!

Oaken

Sean C

(9)

Can only take 2 more as I also have 9 'probables' who will confirm over the w/e

Looks as though we'll be able to formalise the booking next week :)

Once we're 'quorate' I will circulate a shooter list by email to all participants to confirm details. Once confirmed I will pass the list to WMS and ask you to make your payments directly.

Colin,

Great.

Gareth,

I've put you on, but could I ask you to PM me a bit of background - I'm guessing that you've been pointed to the site by someone on the list? Grateful if you would confirm :)

Running Tally

Brown Dog

Ballistic Hamster

Spud

TerryH

Gunnery

Scotch_egg

BOOM!

Oaken

Sean C

Colin Jalland

Dogge

Boz

Ronin

Orka Ak

DTA E

Jeza

(16)

Competition Now Full (pending 4 bods confirming held places)

In as well

assuming place available.

Andy,

Thanks; after our chat this morning I'd stuck you on the list already!

Running Tally

Brown Dog

Ballistic Hamster

Spud

TerryH

Gunnery

Scotch_egg

BOOM!

Oaken

Sean C

Colin Jalland

Dogge

Boz

Ronin

Orka Ak

DTA E

Jeza

(16)

Competition Now Full (pending 4 bods confirming held places)

Archived