Guess the Guns

ds1

Just for fun, thought I would post a pic of a few pistols. In fact the far right two are owned by members here. See if you can guess make and model etc. Hopefully more than a few members will remember having owned similar.

Snmek.jpg[/img]

Er, off the top of my head and it's been too long, coupla SIGs, a CZ, a S&W semi, ditto revolver, and that bloody ugly thing in the middle is IIRC a H&K... Never owned any of these myself though I've put a great many rounds through a CZ. Only owned Colt 1911s - though when the State stole my property retrospectively, I was planning a SiG P220, as well as a TC Contender in Hornet...

Tony - thanks for making me feel bitter all over again

2 Cz 9 mm's. A Taurus .38 special. H&K P7 M13 9mm. Sig's 225's, 226's maybe 220's. Bernadelli did a range of Sig clones, the one on the far right could be a bernadelli.

I had a SIG 220 in .45 acp. Best semi auto 45 i'd ever handled. I had a few 1911 clones and they were good but not SIG good.

I have damn near zero clues when it comes to handguns but I thought I'd send the pic to my US mate and here was his reply:

"The autos at 12:00 and 9:00 are CZ-75 variants. No idea on the caliber or whether they're CZs, Tangfolios, IMI or whoever else has made versions of this pistol. Good design, though - I'd like to have one. The two autos at 3:00 and 6:00 are SIGs, the one on the right is a hi-cap mag so maybe a P226 in 9mm, the one at the bottom is maybe the same thing in a short version- A P228 or P229. The auto in the middle is a H&K P7 squeeze-cocker. I have one in single-stack mag 9mm which is an -. Can't tell if this one has the wider frame or not but it could be an M13 which is a higher-capacity version. They also made it in .40 and .380. The revolver is a Taurus, and from the placement on the cylinder flutes looks like a 5 shot so probably a .38 or .357. Think those used to be called a Model 85. "

He has maybe 40 handguns, any of which I'm free to play with when I'm over there. My favourite is a 625 S&W in .45 Auto Rimmed which I carry round when we're out hunting stuff. Very effective on snapping turtles and handy for a charging prairie dog..

Chris-NZ

Some really good replies, I¨ll let it run for a day or so and then give details of the pistols.

Danny.....cz laws basically allow semi-auto anything (rifles and pistols) and also concealed carry.

Some really good replies, I¨ll let it run for a day or so and then give details of the pistols.

Danny.....cz laws basically allow semi-auto anything (rifles and pistols) and also concealed carry.

Can't improve on Chris's reply:

From 12 o’clock:

CZ75

Sig p226

Sig p229

CZ75 compact

Taurus something

HK P7

Well having shot most of them BD....you should know them.

Streeker and Chreis did very well.

. Far right - Sig P226

. Top right - Cz 75B

. Center - HK P7 M13

. Bottom - Sig P229

. Far Left - Cz 75 Compact. A bit special serial number 3 of a special producion run - the only CZ compacts on alloy frames with cocked and locked saftey. Steel framed compacts have cock and locked also

. Revolver - Taurus, Total Titanium, 5 shot 38 special. The best of the lot for comfort and ease of concealed carry.

David.

Works crap and very hard..... I teach 16 - 18 year old girls PE.

Currently have qualification in shower attendant, with honours - am prepared to travel, will accept any re-location package, any openings :)

Archived