UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

OCRD were due to shoot on J3a (Sennybridge) this Saturday. Unfortunately it’s since been cancelled (MOD use) but the calibre restriction had also been lifted on it.

Was very much looking forward to taking the .338 boomer out for a play. 😭

But the good news might be that the ban is slowly being lifted. Will be interested to see if this extends to other ranges in time.

NRA have confirmed it's sorted at Kingsbury.  I've seen the advice from Nic Couldrey (email 29th Nov).  I suggest looking at the NRA website for an official post.

My understanding is Kingsbury Range Orders are as before the temporary restrictions;  my last read of ROs, limits maximum calibre to 9mm so no .44/.45 allowed unless that's a current variation to RO.

5 hours ago, gruntus said:

I'm certainly interested if Warcop will follow.

Fingers crossed. 🤞

🙂

Eskdalemuir would be closer that Warcop for you wouldnt it and probably less red tape to circumvent? Cleared for 50BMG AFAIK

I do currently shoot at Eskdalemuir but Warcop is a nice (different) environment to shoot on.

I'm just being greedy! 😁

Cheers

G

Fair enough, why not!! 😀

Latest cancelled booking at Warcop reason,

” Unfortunately, as of today no gun clubs are able to use A1 at Warcop.

This is due to new safety regulations.”

It’s a IBSR range with SARTS. Two to a pit.

What is going on!?

14 hours ago, Treedave said:

Latest cancelled booking at Warcop reason,

” Unfortunately, as of today no gun clubs are able to use A1 at Warcop.

This is due to new safety regulations.”

It’s a IBSR range with SARTS. Two to a pit.

May I ask who you are quoting please?

All civilian use of IBSR ranges has been suspended. This came from Chris Rose, no one knows why.

10 minutes ago, ruger7717 said:

All civilian use of IBSR ranges has been suspended. This came from Chris Rose, no one knows why.

Who is Chris Rose?  I understand field firing ranges are not allowing civilians as there's no civi RCO credential and no templates.

This might shed some light on the origin of restrictions;  ie application of templates

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/138236/JSP403_Vol2_Chap18_DLRSC.pdf

Lt col Chris Rose, He over sees all the field firing areas and ranges, when we find out more details I will pass them on.

1 hour ago, ruger7717 said:

Is this going to affect Sennybridge 'G' range? It's such a great place to play with my No 4 using iron sights

3 minutes ago, Ralpharama said:

Is this going to affect Sennybridge 'G' range? It's such a great place to play with my No 4 using iron sights

G Range??

Check this out:

https://nra.org.uk/mod-ranges-in-wales-and-west-midlands/

16 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

'G' range isn't mentioned. I shot there in November and all was fine. I'm gutted to see they've taken J3A away now. What's that all about? That was my favourite range 😥

Not good for the environment ... we have to travel further and further for our sport and most of us necessarily use four wheel drive vehicles. 

If comrade Corbyn gets in I think it will get worse. Not only will he cut back massively on military but I doubt he would approve of the proletariat enjoying firearms either.

I wonder if long range target shooters class as an oppressed minority?

1 hour ago, Ralpharama said:

'G' range isn't mentioned. I shot there in November and all was fine. I'm gutted to see they've taken J3A away now. What's that all about? That was my favourite range 😥

Not good for the environment ... we have to travel further and further for our sport and most of us necessarily use four wheel drive vehicles. 

If comrade Corbyn gets in I think it will get worse. Not only will he cut back massively on military but I doubt he would approve of the proletariat enjoying firearms either.

I wonder if long range target shooters class as an oppressed minority?

😂🤣  way to go with a sense of proportion  

On 12/6/2019 at 2:25 PM, Popsbengo said:

May I ask who you are quoting please?

Message sent to club sec from Landmark rep that he deals with for bookings - so not a decision maker, just someone trying to do their job.