UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Hi have any of you found when shooting of a bipod with pan , that when paned to one side you no longer get straight back recoil and the rifle jumps to one side. If this is the case why have pan on the bipod would a phoenix or the atlas cal bipod be a better option, your views please. 

Yes. if I'm panning and loading the bipod I will struggle with recoil and unable to get back on for second shot. Also very hard to spot shots.

I don't pan for shots over 200m if I can help it. 

It's fine for closer shots when hunting and has made taking multiple follow up shots on deer or rabbits easier. 

20 minutes ago, stephentri said:

Any one else offer advice 

Learn to shoot as the Good Lord® intended and stop relying on artificial contraptions

Bipods are great!

2 hours ago, chaz said:

Bipods are great!

8 hours ago, bradders said:

Learn to shoot as the Good Lord® intended and stop relying on artificial contraptions

Like mag resting ?

12 hours ago, Breacher said:

Like mag resting ?

😃

Ignoring the bi-pod vs mag resting jibes and speaking only about moving inert targets i.e. not quarry.

Personally found distances greater than 200 yards easier, you do not have to move the rifles as much so struggling with the concept of the mentioned <200m (unless is about game that is?)

Also out to about 500 yards the ‘lead’ induced by using the mils in a FFP is pretty constant - which makes life a bit easy. (a ‘bit’).

Actually  prefer ‘trap’ as opposed to track as a technique - but this is on a reasonably known target path.

Wind can mess with your mind, on a two way target (say L-R followed by same but. R-L) you can really mess up. Shot a comp where the wind was soo high you actually let the target go then shot and the bullet caught up - intuitively wrong.

just my 5cents

Terry

I always thought the pan was a crap idea for that reason which is why I'd never buy a lady pod that had it.

Just move slightly into a better position before firing,Its very likely it won't be a life or death shot so it won't matter....!

A good technique will be much more beneficial....!