The New format site - problem

David Hancock

???  Am I the only person having problems signing in - the new format will not recognise my user name or password and there is no facility to confirm / change the user name.  The only way of accessing the site is to request a new password, create a new one, which then takes me into UKV.  

#feelingdaft

I got caught out with that as well until I read what the system asked for rather than what I thought it said. 

It's like the old exam advice "Read the effing question."

Hobbit

Try going up to your address bar on your browser. In the left hand corner (immediately before the ukvarminting address)..  you should see a small circle with an exclamation mark in the circle - click the circle and this will open up a menu and you will see 'notifications'. By 'allowing notification permission' to this site you should have notifications to the topics you've previously posted in - hopefully

ATB

Blimey.

Or, more logically:

Stay on the actual UKV page.

Look top right at the bell (the notification symbol).

Click on it.

Then Adjust notification settings (top right in the box that popped up when you clicked the bell, next to the cog symbol, the words 'notification settings')

(It's been a long and fraught 24hrs since the enforced software upgrade, but I just taught myself that in about 3 seconds,  from a standing start, with no prior knowledge - because this is all new to me too - by anticipating that there would be a simple solution built in and opening my eyes to look for it, seeing a bell and thinking 'what could a bell possibly indicate?'  then hovering my mouse over  it to see,what happens, and then seeing the word  'notifications' popping up to tell me exactly what it does. From that point, it was pure rocket science: I clicked on the bell to see what it did. :blink:  )

The new site looks good :). A thank you to all those involved getting the Site up and running without too many problems for us to cope with, though there seem to be a few with that are struggling to take in a change or two! :wacko:

42 minutes ago, Cheetor said:

The new site looks good :). A thank you to all those involved getting the Site up and running without too many problems for us to cope with, though there seem to be a few with that are struggling to take in a change or two! :wacko:

If you notice, most if not all those struggling are the same ones who've never been arsed, or never had the wherewithal to upload an avatar.......go figure, as the Yanks say

So how do you get the notifications to work?...all my notification options have checkmarked to permit them apart from the ones the ops have disabled, and still havel no notifications....Browser is set to 'allow' notifications on the site and still nothing - any help?

So far I prefer the new and the way it works. It’s much cleaner and unfussy. It’s definitely better on my smart phone.

The only thing I haven’t been able to figure out is the list of members, which used to be shown alphabetically.

2 minutes ago, Brillo said:

So far I prefer the new and the way it works. It’s much cleaner and unfussy. It’s definitely better on my smart phone.

The only thing I haven’t been able to figure out is the list of members, which used to be shown alphabetically.

So Brillo...the notifications...to topics that you have already posted in. Do you see any notifications when someone posts in that topic?.

15 minutes ago, snakeman said:

So Brillo...the notifications...to topics that you have already posted in. Do you see any notifications when someone posts in that topic?.

Yes Snakeman, just tick the receive notifications box that Admin referred to. At the bottom left corner of the post box there’s a small circle with three horizontal lines and a greyed out text saying “Notify me of replies.” Click this and it shows a tick. Job done. Hope that helps.

Yes I have that Brillo...BUT, I did just receive a notification from you but this was only because you quoted my original message...I do not receive notifications if someone just posts in the topic...even though everything is ticked in settings

So, because I have not 'quoted' your response in this message...do you still receive a notification?..(even though I haven't quoted your post)

Archived