Gazz,s .243

Finished this today.

IMG_1546_zpsaxfdk1yp.jpg

This started life as a pile of s/h parts. The donor was a T3 in a very sorry state, rusty, pitted and shot out.

Gutted it, and put the action in the lathe and cleaned it all up.

Onto that went a Sassen 1 in 8" fluted blank, and chambered in .243 win.

Threaded M18 x 1 and invisible capped [excuse the tape gum on the muzzle, its now clean ! }

IMG_1544_zpsmjh0sbvl.jpg

Zero Cant third eye rail, and the whole barrelled action and Jet-z mod created in Milspec OD green.

The bolt was fluted and fitted with my custom handle.

IMG_1543_zps0mxuy04e.jpg

The trigger was stripped, stoned, tuned and resprung. The blade and safety catch painted to match the bolt in Armour black.

The trigger registers a safe 4 oz on the electronic scale. Thats lighter than a £350 Bix n andy I fitted to another tikka earlier this week.

IMG_1537_zpsxgmzglso.jpg

Onto the stock. Again a S/H item that was fully bedded. That was machined out, good job too, the recoil lug wasn't in there and had simply been filled with Devcon. It worked, but I don't like the idea. Can't beat the real lug.

The old floor plate had been bedded too. That came out, and a tidy job done in Stainless devcon. Once machined up, I like to paint the inside of the action area....serves no purpose than to make me feel better. :lol:

IMG_1539_zpsxugpu6et.jpg

IMG_1538_zpsuaialapw.jpg

Smoothed the new mag internals and polished the lips, and it was good to go.

IMG_1540_zpsfakrgqst.jpg

IMG_1545_zpsjgllxlfi.jpg

IMG_1541_zpsrade0mnl.jpg

Christ what a difference,

that was my old foxing rifle in .22/250 had almost 2500 (warm) rounds down the barrel and still held a decent group.

It was quite badly neglected once I had my br built!

Excellent job Baldie look just right.

Sure Gaz will post some groups once he's got it up and running.

I've been waiting to see this post for a long time, watching David's work for some years I knew he was going to build my next rifle and there it's is absolutely stunning, just what I asked for with little extras added which just makes his work outstanding ?

Cheers Dave see you very soon ?

Gaz

Yes can't wait

Got my 8-32x56 NXS np2dd on quick release

And a drone x10 to swoop about

Or I may just get Dave to do me a matching 223 for night work ? But I'll see how I go ?

Just got 100 75gr Hornady to get me going as I need it up and running ASAP then I'll sort load out for it ?

Cheers Gaz

Yes can't wait

Got my 8-32x56 NXS np2dd on quick release

And a drone x10 to swoop about

Or I may just get Dave to do me a matching 223 for night work But I'll see how I go

Just got 100 75gr Hornady to get me going as I need it up and running ASAP then I'll sort load out for it

Cheers Gaz

My Drone doesn't return to zero when it has been off the rifle, typically around 3 MOA out.

My Drone doesn't return to zero when it has been off the rifle, typically around 3 MOA out.

I know my mates does, I've got to run a few more tests yet with mine, may just need a tweak

Gaz

Archived