2014 Accuracy International Rifles

Scotch_egg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of information here:

We will release all information just before the start of Shot Show on Tuesday. Our current website will be replaced with a temporary site and you will be able to download a new brochure. You will also be able to read the brochure online with a "flickbook" and read 3 press releases covering the new products.

Frank will also be posting our press releases and videos on the new rifles.

The current AX will be updated to the 2014 version except for .50 calibre.

The AW as we know it will be replaced with an updated version and called the AT.

The AICS will be replaced with the AT and AX style chassis.

All current AE and AW models will be fully supported into the future.

Rifle s are currently in production and AICS will be transitioned during the next couple of months.

That is all the information I will provide until Tuesday.

I am sure you will like the new product improvements and I can assure you of at lease one surprise with one of the models.

See you at the show.

Tom Irwin

Accuracy International

I'm slightly confused by calling it the AT, since according to the link below the AT already exists, unless I read it wrong?

http://ingunowners.com/forums/ingo-real-world-reviews/119217-review-accuracy-international-aw.html

Thats a home done [quite obviously, as its drivel ] appraisal of an old rifle Tiff. I have no idea when that model was made, but I,d guess it was pre-AW.

What concerns me is yet another new aftermarket stock that will replace the AICS that is currently in production. More dealers with old stock left on their shelves.

First review of the AT is up, looks very well thought out! love the fast change barrel change mechanism.

Also have just noticed the price - less than the old AE! I know what's on my wish list this year...

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/230371-official-accuracy-international-first-look.html#post2899999

Me too Dave.

It would be really great if they offered the PSR rear end as a retro fit for the AX. I'd be all over it like a Tramp on chips.

Not sure about the quicklock system. Haven't seen one obviously, but all it looks like to me from the video is the screw locks into the barrel tenon thread undercut. Without a flat surface to lock onto, there would be a risk of that barrel unwinding when fired, especially if its only hand tight. I,m sure there is more to it, and can't wait to have a squint.

I think there's going to be some supply issues for the AT, the demand Is going to be high if the off the shelf price does end up bing around £2300. It's a lot of gun for your cash.

Definitely worthy of going to empty the piggy bank at that price! Do you think they will have a truck load ready (with barrels under the table in various calibres) at the shooting show for taking away? One could only live in hope. .....

That's £2366+ VAT though? Still a fair old price, similar to an AE?

Still a damn sight less than the AW it replaces - a barrel change kit alone is £400 which is now no longer required - replaced by a 4mm Allen key! These will sell like hotcakes, demand in the US is going to be sky high.

Wow, the AT really does offer a lot of gun for the money. I can see my AE MkIII being sold when the AT is actually in stock - next year I'd imagine.

I'm also interested in more information about the AXMC, since I'm assuming by the stament below, in long action it would be possible to run a .308 & .338 on one chassis? Guessing you just need a spare mag and bolt? If so, hopefully the extras would be priced sensibly...

"The AXMC is a user configurable, mission adaptable, long range sniper system available in 308/7.62 NATO, 300 Winchester® Magnum and 338 Lapua® Magnum."

"The AXMC is a user configurable, mission adaptable, long range sniper system available in 308/7.62 NATO, 300 Winchester® Magnum and 338 Lapua® Magnum."

Was there not a mention of a long action AT? A little strange if they aren't keeping a LA AW.

Archived