.243 fatboy

Here,s another in the line of the little fat fella's.

This one is a .243 built as a truck gun for night vision use. Ignore the scope thats on it, its just for testing purposes.

IMG_2008_zpsd5aaf9d9.jpg

The action is a T3 fitted with a parallel border archer in a 1 in 10" twist. Its screwcut 18mm x 1 and invisible capped.

IMG_2009_zps26bc7dd6.jpg

The barrelled action is fitted with a zero Cant rail, a custom bolt knob and aluminium shroud , and the trigger has been tuned and resprung.

The paint is Ceracote H series Armour black.

IMG_2010_zps61f8c871.jpg

The bolt is barley twist fluted and the barrelled action is fully devcon bedded into the A3-5 McMillan stock.

Floorplate is a CDI unit running a 5 round magazine in .243.

Took it to the range, shot and cleaned it a few times and then shot its first group of five after shooting the marked fouler. This was with 75 grain nosler BT,s. It also does the same with 58 grain V-max.

IMG_0227_zpsee8df563.jpg

I,m very very happy with my tricked up RPA,s in 223,6br and 308 but every time I view one of your rifles Dave I just feel I,m missing out on something ? does anyone else get this feeling,,,??? Guess its like cars and bikes or whatever your fix is ?? Maybe I will get em rebarrelled just one more time and then ,,,,,,mmmm ,,,,well ,,,mmm ,,damn showcase!!!

Dave could you clarify which Nosler head you were using? Thanks .Onehole.

• 2 years later...

Nice dave :)

Is that a heavy varmint and what length

If you can remember lol

Cheers gaz

It a 'parallel' just a straight tube I assume Gaz

• 1 month later...

Archived