Well done Dave Lloyd

I would just like to say a very well done to Dave ( 6mmBR ) for a superb second place at the Imperial F class open final today after a week long shoot.

He also managed a third place overall in the aggregates.

I would just like to say a very well done to Dave ( 6mmBR ) for a superb second place at the Imperial F class open final today after a week long shoot.

He also managed a third place overall in the aggregates.

Excellent! Congratulations Dave :)

Any pics / competition report? :);)

Cheers guys just got back home now from Bisley.

Tired and very happy.

It still has not really sunk in.

I will post some pictures and report once I have had some shut eye.

What I'm not looking forward to is the reloading of what I have shot.

There are just mounds of brass in the back of the truck, in 2 weeks I fired some 700 rounds of ammo.

Thanks again

Dave

Well done Dave, an achievement well earned!

These are the results of the Queens final of the top 25%.

Had a crap shoot at 900 a fish tailing wind kept me playing ping pong with the 4 ring, the 5" V bull most elusive and thought I'd blown it, suddenly at 1000 everything became easy and the V bull took a hammering and pulled it out of the bag, to my suprise.

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/results...al/2010/381.pdf

The full results can be seen here.

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/results/i...10&site=NRA

I will put a report up tomorrow and a few pictures.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

Yes that's right John.

Well done on winning the TR top effort.

The conditions were not easy.

Up top at 900 the wind was interesting to say the least especially as it picked up as that front neared.

Horizontal rain with strong winds didn't really appeal so was glad when Lou Lou called it off.

Sadly didn't realise later you got to have a play at 1000 when the rain cleared.

All in all a good friendly shoot.

Cheers

Dave

Horizontal rain with strong winds didn't really appeal so was glad when Lou Lou called it off.

Sadly didn't realise later you got to have a play at 1000 when the rain cleared.

All in all a good friendly shoot.

Cheers

Dave

It was certainly more interesting that I would normally like but as I seemed to get it right (particularly at short range) I thought it was great fun! Could easily have been horrible if I hadn't though!! :blush:

1000 yrds was on, then off, then on again, then off again, then on as a 2+10 then finally, once the few that were left were almost settled, it became a 2+15 again (so a number of people had to go and fine more ammo!). Can't blame Loulou as she called it off for good reasons (not least that the range office and butt officer had apparently stopped shooting to save the targets) but then it was pointed out that we had to shoot it, if possible, for the long range agg. Whilst the wind wasn't as strong as at 900, there were some pretty hefty gusts and holes for the unlucky / unwary! In the end the TR was won by P Wilson with a 73.7 which I thought was stunning shooting in the conditions.

As you said a very good friendly shoot (and an unsubtle plug for TR and F Class shooters for next year!!)

Cheers

JohnE

Definitely a plug for next year, will remember to mention it on here when entries become available.

I really enjoyed myself and will be back next year for sure.

Cheers

Dave

Archived