Past convictions

Barrelsniffer

Just curious so asking who has ever,even from your teen yrs had a conviction for any offence dont say what just a yeh or no ?

As just seen a post on a other site and someone heard that gov could ban anyone who has ever had a conviction from having a FAC or SGC.

Well if so that would be me, then, and i guess alot of shooters in uk ?

Prob just hearsay but you never know ?

Mick

i had a few when i was younger and dafter but nowt serious at present i think you only have to declare the last 5yrs on applications but they will check further back .i suppose its what the offences were for and how long back.

The subject of previous convictions is a mute one.

We have to say every one (motoring, criminal, etc) and rightly so.

BUT, I think that the convictions / cautions for violent offences (public order, assault etcs) have more bearing on the applicant than one for theft (as an example)

I anticipate there may be some changes in the SG licencing laws and possibly changes to an annual medical appointment for FAC holders.....

Just curious so asking who has ever,even from your teen yrs had a conviction for any offence dont say what just a yeh or no ?

As just seen a post on a other site and someone heard that gov could ban anyone who has ever had a conviction from having a FAC or SGC.

Well if so that would be me, then, and i guess alot of shooters in uk ?

Prob just hearsay but you never know ?

Mick

Depending on the conviction and the time "served" then this has an influence on your ability to hold a licence.

Think if you get over 3 years then its an outright ban.

oh and..............Yup.

Depending on the conviction and the time "served" then this has an influence on your ability to hold a licence.

Think if you get over 3 years then its an outright ban.

oh and..............Yup.

You miss the point in what i said..yes i know that ref applying and having convictions..im on about with what happened in cumbria and what gov could do..?? NOW

If you have FAC or SGC and have ever had a conviction no matter when or what...will they look at revoking ?..something i seen on a other site.

Obv this thread isnt getting much replies...lol

Mick

I've got one. I've also little doubt that if the seriousness thing came into play then my two crown court appearances (for the same one thing mind) really wouldn't help my cause!

I've a speeding conviction that's all, but I know of 2 lads up here with serious convictions one did some time both with certificates, one of them open.

Hopefully this will shake itself out sensibly as in short I think an FAC is a privilege and certainly makes me think a bit more prior to acting. It certainly made me restrain rather then give a good kicking to a drugged driver who hit and ran into the missus.

Don't know who panicked more when there was a full armed response with dogs.

If you have been sentenced to imprisonment for three or more years your are prohibited for life.

If you have been sentenced to imprisonment for over three months and up to three years you are prohibited for a period of 5 years after their release from prison.

For more guidance on this take a look at the Home office guidance here: http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/docume...CD197523083F073

As we can see from the above posts, the licensing teams will be reasonable with people who have maybe been daft in their early years, but are not good, safe members of society - that makes sense!

There will, undoubtedly, be lots of speculation over the coming months as we know there will be a review of firearms legislation.

Representatives from BASC met the Home Office civil servants involved, our reading is that the government is not showing any particular favour for any particular change.

There was a debate in Westminster Hall last week - we briefed in advance - and again there was no consensus on any particular change.

We have a meeting booked with the local MP for West Cumbria but he sounds very sensible on these issues and numerous requests for meetings which we are pursuing.

We had a brief discussion with one of the responsible Ministers and the vibes were good.

We're in close touch with ACPO who are conducting the reviews, which are not expected to report before the Autumn.

Updates will be in the BASC mag and on the BASC web site and of course I will do my best to get updates published on forums too

David

I've a speeding conviction that's all, but I know of 2 lads up here with serious convictions one did some time both with certificates, one of them open.

Hopefully this will shake itself out sensibly as in short I think an FAC is a privilege and certainly makes me think a bit more prior to acting. It certainly made me restrain rather then give a good kicking to a drugged driver who hit and ran into the missus.

Don't know who panicked more when there was a full armed response with dogs.

I know what you mean there gandy..my 16 at the time daughter was sexually assaulted by a lad she hardly knew..turned out he was a old school chums son..anyway rather than me show him what i can do i called the police but was even more pissed when CPS decided not to charge..he later went on to stab someone a few months later..but yeh having you FAC does make you stop and think..

Mick

If you have been sentenced to imprisonment for three or more years your are prohibited for life.

If you have been sentenced to imprisonment for over three months and up to three years you are prohibited for a period of 5 years after their release from prison.

For more guidance on this take a look at the Home office guidance here: http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/docume...CD197523083F073

As we can see from the above posts, the licensing teams will be reasonable with people who have maybe been daft in their early years, but are not good, safe members of society - that makes sense!

There will, undoubtedly, be lots of speculation over the coming months as we know there will be a review of firearms legislation.

Representatives from BASC met the Home Office civil servants involved, our reading is that the government is not showing any particular favour for any particular change.

There was a debate in Westminster Hall last week - we briefed in advance - and again there was no consensus on any particular change.

We have a meeting booked with the local MP for West Cumbria but he sounds very sensible on these issues and numerous requests for meetings which we are pursuing.

We had a brief discussion with one of the responsible Ministers and the vibes were good.

We're in close touch with ACPO who are conducting the reviews, which are not expected to report before the Autumn.

Updates will be in the BASC mag and on the BASC web site and of course I will do my best to get updates published on forums too

David

Cheers david much appreciated.

Mick

CPS decided not to charge..he later went on to stab someone a few months later..but yeh having you FAC does make you stop and think..

Mick

I was more lucky mick, bloke got haulled over the coals - gutted for you to be honest, but if he is in nick and it gets rounds he is a nonce he wont have an easy ride, just a thought...

I was more lucky mick, bloke got haulled over the coals - gutted for you to be honest, but if he is in nick and it gets rounds he is a nonce he wont have an easy ride, just a thought...

Not sure where or what happened to him..hes only a young lad..think he was 18 at time..but yeh hope the guy gets what he deserves from someone else as im sure one day he will.

Not sure where or what happened to him..hes only a young lad..think he was 18 at time..but yeh hope the guy gets what he deserves from someone else as im sure one day he will.

Will end up in Young Offenders.

If they even go that far.

Archived