UKV Challenge Shoot 2010

kip270

Ok with only 3 Weeks till Sunday 11th April 2010, this is the Roll call for members who are going to attend the UKV challenge shoot.

Please add your name to the list and copy in into your post (makes getting numbers a lot easier)

Kip270

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

foxing2night Posted Today, 04:32 PM

Count me in!!!!!

Should be a good day out!!!!

Darrel

trigger2 Posted Today, 04:03 PM

Yep, count me in will be there as near 9 am ish looking forward to meeting everyone.

Atb

Glen

I'll be there even if Bluebell has to bring me up with a zimmer frame... :rolleyes:

Grant...

Sorry, on nights over that weekend.

Cannot change.

I should be ok, just getting over a 3 week bout of sciatica( 1st time ever and painfull as hell), still suffering a bit with my left leg but back at work.

I only have a definate 100yrd zero( was intending to sort this before i became imobile), hopefully my come ups should be there or thereabouts from chrono data obtained at 100.

Will we be allowed any sighters/zero shots at the other ranges??

I will be there unless my leg/back decides otherwise, which it better bloody not do :blink:

regards

jma

I should be ok, just getting over a 3 week bout of sciatica( 1st time ever and painfull as hell), still suffering a bit with my left leg but back at work.

I only have a definate 100yrd zero( was intending to sort this before i became imobile), hopefully my come ups should be there or thereabouts from chrono data obtained at 100.

Will we be allowed any sighters/zero shots at the other ranges??

I will be there unless my leg/back decides otherwise, which it better bloody not do :blink:

regards

jma

My heart or should i say my back goes out to you mate. I'm having surgery on my spine this Tuesday (23rd) for the same thing. Second op in 20 years. I've been off work since mid December last and cabin fever has def struck.

Regardless of how well i've recovered, the UKV shoot will be my chance to get back in the field so to speak..

Oh, and i'm organising the 100 yd targets so i better be there... :lol:

Last year, zeroing was done at 100 yards only and took up so much time that we couldn't shoot the 600 yard detail.

Everyone should come to the comp knowing ones own 100 yard zero. Greater distances have to be worked out on the fly or calculated using whatever gizmo you have.. No zeroing this time i'm afraid..

Rgds,

Grant...

My heart or should i say my back goes out to you mate. I'm having surgery on my spine this Tuesday (23rd) for the same thing. Second op in 20 years. I've been off work since mid December last and cabin fever has def struck.

Regardless of how well i've recovered, the UKV shoot will be my chance to get back in the field so to speak..

Oh, and i'm organising the 100 yd targets so i better be there... :blink:

Last year, zeroing was done at 100 yards only and took up so much time that we couldn't shoot the 600 yard detail.

Everyone should come to the comp knowing ones own 100 yard zero. Greater distances have to be worked out on the fly or calculated using whatever gizmo you have.. No zeroing this time i'm afraid..

Rgds,

Grant...

Grant,

Ok no problem on the zeroing end as i have my 100yrd zero so no worries there. I am going to get to see how good my balistics program is or is not as the case may be. :lol:

As to the sciatica, the absolute worse thing iv ever had, it started off as lower back pain caused by me humping a carpet that was far too heavy. So iv got lumbar area back pain it will clear up in a couple of days as usual methinks, this was on a wednesday ...Wrong. So on the friday i go for a drink as i do after been on mornings all week, says a cheery see you later to mrs jma and sets off on the approx mile walk.

Iv done about a quarter mile when my left leg starts hurting, i brush it off and carry on walking another 300yrds and now its really hurting and i am down to a snails pace walking like iv literally been shot in the leg. At this point i relise i am somewhat in trouble the pain is up there with the worst toothache iv ever had, at this point i rang the mrs and she came to fetch me in her car. The weekend was horrible i could not sleep in any position for more than 2hrs, i was not a happy man :)

The Doctor gave me diclofenac, cocodamol and some diazepam(which i actually have not taken) I had three weeks off work, the last week i was like you, suffering from cabin fever. So i thought sod this i can get around, so i decided to go back to work. The doc was a bit unsure but i was adamant i was going to at least try going back.TBH the 1st couple of days were a bit bad, but as long as i take my painkillers its bearable. The doctor mentioned that if it continues longterm they are going to have to look at physio and a possible MRI scan ( i really hope not)

Good luck with the op mate, i hope it sorts it out for you and hopefully will see you on the shoot.

regards

jma

So far here are members who are going to attend,

Kip270

Trigger2

Foxing2night

Streeker59

Jma

Grahamfarmer

Bluebell

Vermincinerator

Phil

Duey

Come on Guy's, it's a great day shooting with some good people, get your name down for some fun shooting and laughs.......

Approx how many rounds are we going to need for the day?

I need to do some reloading, so may as well do enough to save me doing it the night before. <_<

regards

jma

Bring more than you think you need, better to take some home than to run out.

So far here are members who are going to attend,

Kip270

Trigger2

Foxing2night

Streeker59

Jma

Grahamfarmer

Bluebell

Vermincinerator

Phil

Duey

Come on Guy's, it's a great day shooting with some good people, get your name down for some fun shooting and laughs.......

GO on , count me in <_<

Would be nice to meet up with the gang.

ATB

Alan

hi

where can i find the details of the shoot and the format.

how many round ars needed

cheers .Matt

Hi Matt,

Details for the day are roughly from 100 yards out to 400+ at steel gongs, but with full details on the day.

Best to bring more rounds than you think, as it's best to take some home than run out.

The farm is

coughton fields farm

coughton fields lane

coughton

alcester

warwickshire

B49 6BT

At this stage l've no bloody idea......

Signed off for two more (very sore) weeks, as l've torn somthin' twixt ear and arse'ole and l can't even hold the ruddy gas pipe let alone yank the flamin' trigger ;)

lf l can get 'old of a Greek Phyziold Terrorist b4 then l might drop down, but for now please count me as absent chaps.

Good shootin'

Archived