Squeaky boots!!

adam204

I bought a new pair of Le Chameau Mouflon boots a few weeks ago. I have walked a good few miles in them but they have started to squeak from the leather rubbing itself or the laces as I walk Or stalk!!!!!

Any Ideas as to how I can stop the noise?

Cheers

Adam

I would work out whether the squeeking is the leather or the multitude of linings I suspect your boots have. If it's the leather (which I suspect would only cause noise in the area of the tongue and laces) , treat as above, if it's the linings (and based on lambsey's comment I suspect it is) , I would take them back for a refund as not being fit for the purpose for which they were sold.

I had the same problem with mine.. could not use them for stalking, got fed up looking at them on the shelf so sent them back cost about €40 to post , No joy Said " they were too old" despite not being used?

The only solution offered was to rub a little washing up liquid on the offending surfaces . In my case where the tongue met the inside of the cushioned pad (white surface) at the top. Worked ok if you could be bothered to bring washing up liquid with you every time you went out,

There is no way I would buy them ,but their expensive leather lined wellies are the business.

Have got a set myself, not had any problems with them............I think they are a cracking pair of boots, lots of support, water proof - not leaked, warm.

Job done for me.

Ive hade two paires of these boots and both have squeaked however my mate has a pair that have never squeaked only difference i clean mine every week he hasnt cleaned his in two years so that might be the answer

I went out in them yesterday after rubbing the tongue with copious amounts ofleather conditioner. Its all I had in the house. I left it on really thick especially where the top corners of the tongue sit just inside the top of the boot when its laced up. It worked, was out for two or three hours and not one squeak!! Not sure how long it will last tho before it needs doing again. I will see how it goes. Thanks all for the replies.

A Farmer walks into the bedroom with a sheep under his arm and says:

“This is the pig I have to have sex with when you're not up for it.”

His wife replies:

“I think you’ll find that’s a sheep"

To which the farmer says:

“ I think you’ll find I was talking to the sheep.”

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try these recommendations and see how I get on. Wish I had asked for boot buying advice first tho ! :unsure:

Hi

I have had a similar experience with my Lundhags. The noise in my case was not from the laces or anything leather linked. It was the layers of the boot sole delaminating. I sent them back to Sweden and they came back (both, not just the one that squeaked) with new soles for no charge. I don't think (if indeed it is delamination that causes the squeaking) that any of the measures suggested above may work. I would be inclined to send them back and ask either for a new sole to be fitted or a refund.

best wishes,

Finman

Cheers finman. I will keep an eye ( or should that be an ear!!! ;) ) out for the soles delaminating. So far so good at the moment though with the conditioner all over them. Only trouble now is my socks have got a sticky patch lol !!!!

And no sheep references for that last item please lol

• 1 month later...

i had some boots once which squeaked, couldnt understand where the squeak was comming from . i asked the wife and she said it wasnt the boots it was me . she said i was that tight i squeaked when i walked :rolleyes:

Archived