Shooting Transport - what do you use?

Ronin

Over the years ive used a variety of vehicles for my shooting, mainly Disco's that doubled duty as family transport - the recent vehicle mounted lamp post made me wonder what vehicles you use for lamping, stalking, general knockabout at the range.

Dedicated shoot transport or double duty?

Pics in action?

Don't forget to obscure plates guys..

The wife and i share a VW Touareg (fantastic 4x4) and a Mitsubishi Outlander (awful 4x4), but for everyday hunting and shooting i use an old Mitsubishi Pajero - a surprisingly capable truck.

I used to use landies but tired of spending as much time fixing them as driving them.

CIMG0563.jpg

I use my work truck, a Defender 110 pickup. You can set up a bipod on the roof and stand on the back. With a driver you can shoot on the move.

Scotsgun. I'd be interested to hear more details on the Touareg. I'm thinking of replacing our V6 Golf for something more field friendly. What engine does yours have and how does it perform?

I have used Discos since the early 90s, currently runs a TD5 with Grabber AT2s. Heated leather seats are a nice touch for a chilly night foxing!!

We also run a Defender with all terrain tyres, what a pig to shoot out of after a Disco, that drivers mirror is miles away and the window is to small to get your head outside the vechicle.

I was going to sell the Disco and just use teh Defender as it has only done 75K but I cant get the deal I want at present so despite its many mechanical issues I will keep it a while longer, only done 200K now.

A

A

Guest Scotland Rifles

using a 2.0L tubo diesel LWB vitara, http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5997/newvit.jpg

General grabber at's

3" lift

auto so its easy on the lower back with no clutch in and out etc.

plenty of room for the dog and the blood tray, rifles etc.

mounted with a 1f 140 lamp and sucker mount thing.

flat out down hill with the wind behind is about 85mph, but it goes anywhere i need it too and some.

bob.

post-9726-1259157162_thumb.jpg

I use a defender which also doubles as large family transport. Parts are dirt cheap and vehicle easy to work on. Had it for 4 years hardly had to do anything to it, done 160000 and went through last mot no probs. Got michelin xzl's on at moment brilliant traction off road.

i use a trooper for work and shooting, i dont travel far in it so went for Insa Turbo Dakar mud terrains the biggest i could fit with out any modification, goes anywhere i wanna go, got a light force T bar fitted threw roof and just waiting for a custom full length roof rack to be made so i can shoot of the roof in comfort

post-9640-1259164330_thumb.jpg

post-9640-1259164442_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Realised I hadn't posted mine;

L200, full Safety Devices roll cage and rear set up for tilt cover, goes anywhere, as good as the Disco for "do all" capabilty, but this is dedicated shooting vehicle.

002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wifes motor is a 2.2 diesle x-trail which im surprised at how well it does offroad for a softroader..

my shoot car is an old R-reg ford maverick 2.7td swb and i love it!!!

sauer

Been my main wagon for 5 years now!!!

Suzuki Vitara long wheel base , ideal for all my hunting needs or carting the kids around!!

DSCF0829.jpg

DSCF0767.jpg

Some nice wagons by the way lads!! :);)

All the best................

RAY.....................

Archived