Fullbore ranges

sir-slots-alot

Chaps,

I was thinking of having a go at a bit of target shooting now that my varminting season is ending.

I believe Diggle is the nearest place to me in north Cheshire ?

Can anybody tell me -- Do I need to join the club - if so , has anybody info on the procedure , who to contact etc.

or , do you just turn up and they let you shoot.

I have emailed Diggle ranges , general enquiry email address 5 times in the last month , with no reply.

Thank in advance

Alan

Chaps,

I was thinking of having a go at a bit of target shooting now that my varminting season is ending.

I believe Diggle is the nearest place to me in north Cheshire ?

Can anybody tell me -- Do I need to join the club - if so , has anybody info on the procedure , who to contact etc.

or , do you just turn up and they let you shoot.

I have emailed Diggle ranges , general enquiry email address 5 times in the last month , with no reply.

Thank in advance

Alan

Alan,

You either need to have an FAC (which you obviously have) or be a member of another home office club. So you are OK to come as a guest.

Before I joined Diggle I tried emailing the address on the website, but it doesnt get checked very often.

Best is to contact Vince Bottomley directly, or alternatively turn up on a comp day and make yourself known.

There is a 600 yard Benchrest shoot on the 15th November, I will be going, as will Foxing2Night from here.

If you want to come, you will need 20 rounds for the comp plus sighters. It all starts at 10am

Turn up and I will try and help you out.

How does that sound

Bruce

Bruce , that sound great...

A month trying to email - and just got the answer on this forum within 5 mins.

Thanks again

Alan

Hi Alan,

Another option would be Offa's Dyke / Fifty Cal Shooter Association - loads of shoot dates on some great mil ranges.

Or Phoenix Shooters Association. (Sealand Ranges & Indoor 25 yd for .22LR)

I and some of the other members shoot at both and both have plenty to offer.

If you would like some more info drop me a line.

Cheers Rob

Alan, check out the calender for diggle. As Bruce says, he does the benchrest. If you fancy a go at mcqueens or tactical, i usually do those, and will gladly take you as a guest.

Gents,

Thankyou all for the reply's and suggestions.

Both Diggle and Altcar fit the bill in terms of travelling and shooting distances.

I would be definately interested in meeting up and attend as a guest.

I have never attended a range before and would probably feel a little awkward just turning up on my own without a clue.

So any offer is greatfully appreciated and accepted.

Alan

Glen,

An open invitation to blast some tanks up at Warcop is still on the cards and open to anyone else

Who would like to shoot ?

Regards

Rob

sounds a great invite rob,,been a while since i was last at warcop..not home till jan if the offer still stands then ?

Mick

Sir-slots-alot and all,

My offer to take you as a guest on the 15th at Diggle still stands, I will be in the car park from about 9.30 onwards or in the range house.

Should be a good day, Foxing2Night will vouch for this.

Cheers

Bruce

Can anyone explain what is inferred by the ranges 'free' in the calender section of Diggle's website?

Cheers,

Oly

Oly

It means it is Free to be used by any members provided they can organise an RCO (NOT AN NRA ONE) i.e. it is not being used for a competition, so free shooting can take place.

Bruce

Oly

It means it is Free to be used by any members provided they can organise an RCO (NOT AN NRA ONE) i.e. it is not being used for a competition, so free shooting can take place.

Bruce

Diggle looks like a great facility, but it would be really handy if I could just get some more range time at 200yds+ for setting up etc (g'dam Cheshire's flatness! :huh: ) Can they often get an RCO for this free shooting purpose, or is it a bit hit and miss (excuse the pun! ;) )?

What are Diggle's membership fees?

Diggle looks like a great facility, but it would be really handy if I could just get some more range time at 200yds+ for setting up etc (g'dam Cheshire's flatness! :huh: ) Can they often get an RCO for this free shooting purpose, or is it a bit hit and miss (excuse the pun! ;) )?

What are Diggle's membership fees?

Oly,

You can usually get an RCO, but its best to check first, depends on the day, what comps are on etc etc.

As regards shooting, you can shoot 4 times as a guest at £10 per day, then you have to join, current fees are £50 joining fee and £105 per year membership, however I think this is going to go up a little this year.

A great facility, if you are a member there are no range fees, so you can soon recoup the cost of membership.

I have just qualified as a RCO, but new RCO's must do 2 supervised stints before you can go solo as such.

When I get fully signed off, I will be using it more during weekdays, holidays permitting.

Hope this gives you some info, the membership man is Vince Bottomley, his contact details are on www.ukbra.co.uk

Cheers

Bruce

Cheers Bruce, many thanks for the info, much appreciated. Might see you over there once I've had my rifle tweeked by Mr Norris some more.

Bruce , that sound great...

A month trying to email - and just got the answer on this forum within 5 mins.

Thanks again

Alan

Alan, Just turn up and make yourself known!!!! Or just turn up and ask for vince bottomley,,

The 600yrd shoot is on the 15 as has been said,,,,

I am coming from the Wrexham area!!!!!

It is a bloody good club, that holds a lot of comps through out the year!!!!

Send me a pm if you need any more help????

Darrel :blink:

Archived