Robertson Silouette Tikka T3

I was asked a few days ago to fix the flex in a Tikka T3 Lite stock (308)

I couldnt see and easy soloution so advised the chap to purachase an afetrmarket stock if one was available.

On friday I recived the rifle and a Robertson Silouette to "sort out"

Never seen a Robertson before although worked on numerous Manners and Mcmillans, I am very impressed.

Inletting is spot on, the finish is good and the texture just right for a sporter.

Build quality is excellent.

They even fit a bonded in recoil lug that engages perfectly wit the inlet of the T3.

I inserted stainless pillars (devcon bonded), as to coin a phrase from a fellow mod, "a stock without pillars is about as useless as tits on a boar" (guess who) :)

Once the pillars were set, I, then machined out sufficient material to provide a substantial bed of Devcon.

24 hrs later and a bit of a tidy up:

Pics taken with Iphone, sorry for crap quality

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Fitted action

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

The stock has a decent monte carlo cheek piece that places the eye in line with the scope perfectly (unlike the original stock)

Overall very impressed and having heard the price - they are bob on the money.

I have a mate that had callum do the same to his tikka 270. It shoots bug hole 10 shot groups now. For the money they are spot on.

Ads

Nice stock but being weird I actually prefer the classic style stock of the original.I have a couple of McMillan Sako 75 stocks(1 sporter 1 varmint) but prefer the McMillan mountain rifle stock on my M700 :) Do Robertson do a classic version and what sort of price level are they?

Very nice Andy.

Personally, i think the robertson stocks are better quality than either mcmillan, or manners. Their finish is far superior. I,ve a lawton sporter sat in a mac m40 in the shop, that i just know is gonna need at least 2 hours sanding and buffing to make look presentable. shouldn,t have that to do on a £500 stock.

"tits on a boar " ? some people are poetic, and have been to college you know...... :)

Hi guys,ive just bought a robertson aswell,still needs bedding yet,as didnt have time before i had come back out to iraq.will get that done in dec when im home.

heres a pic with my new 6-24-56 zeiss scope attached.im well impressed with the stock and will be buying another for my other tikka very soon.

I had a robertsons "masterclass" & the finish/quality of the hardware made the mcmillan a5 look pants!

Unfortantly they inleted it for a long action so i had to send it back so i went for the A5 A I ordered one at same time!

to be fair it suits a foxing rifle better"!

Andy

i have to agree i think the robertsons are great feeling stocks.

How much would it cost for a bedding job like that ?

I understand that some named gunsmiths charge up to £300 for such a service.

Robertson make some good stuff. My clubmates used them to provide stocks for the HHE Millenniums before they started on their own aluminium /wood stocks

http://www.robertsoncomposites.com/htmlfil...sModels800.html

Look under "H&H" (which should be HHE..)

Chris-NZ

Impressive, Andy.

Laurie

PS how do you attach these big images to a post? All I've managed to date is the upload image facility that limits you to 75K total, and work in a quite different way.

Impressive, Andy.

Laurie

PS how do you attach these big images to a post? All I've managed to date is the upload image facility that limits you to 75K total, and work in a quite different way.

Laurie,

To post large pictures all you need is a photobucket account (this is free) . When you upload your photos to Photobucket each photo will be given an IMG code in the form of 'http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/...........'. Copy this tag when in photobucket and paste it into your post. The image will then show in your post.

Impressive, Andy.

Thanks

one day, when ive learned enough, I may be able to retire from the day job and do it full time, take a few years yet mind :):lol:

Its a shame there is no formal training available in the UK, I hope to be able to take some training in the US next year from a "named" person who makes BR rifles to comp standards

Archived