Warcop 17th Oct FCSA UK

1FTP.

John may have some on the day, l know he often has 8mil Mauser... 7mil? why not give him a call you might get lucky.

BTW.

My plans have changed, have a good day chaps.... l'm off elsewhere for my giggles.

I,m like a big kid tonight..just realised i wont be able to lift the ammo bag, with what i,ve got loaded. :wacko:

Really looking forward to meeting some of the guys one here, and having the craic.

1FTP.

John may have some on the day, l know he often has 8mil Mauser... 7mil? why not give him a call you might get lucky.

BTW.

My plans have changed, have a good day chaps.... l'm off elsewhere for my giggles.

Now ive no-one to take the piss out of :wacko:

Just had a nice relaxing bath, after one of the best days shooting i,ve ever had.

A huge thanks to Ronin for inviting me, and my friends, and for a great side by side shoot, spotting, and calling shots. We used brown dogs cards and also Andy,s palm pilot [i think] and were spot on.

Got to try a .50 cal, and was most impressed, and my buddy is now figuring out how to raise a large amount of cash ....quickly. :wacko:

Met up with Shrek and his buddy, which was great, and just had a real nice, friendly day in general.

Many Thanks Andy.

Dave

youre very welcome, hopefully some of you will join the FCSA UK, anyway so long as you had a good time.

The shooting is different, plinking with the larger calibres is not what everyone is used to, neither is spotting own targets, ranging and calling your shots.

However it is great practice and fun :D

The 50's arn't for me, prefer a 375 or 408 myself, but in the absence of quality solids in the UK, I will stick with the 338 for now, we both know its plenty accurate ;)

A shame I had to leave early, but it was bed time :( and like you, I NEED my beauty sleep :wacko:

Sorry I had to go as you arrived Sean, nothing personal :D

Hope to see all at the next one, maybe go down to Sennybridge next time or further south??

Dont think the others made it,,, which is a pity, although I counted about thirty on the firing point when I left, so a great turnout.

I was using Matts cards and Bulletflight on I phone by the way, just swapping bettween the two.

First round connections with football sized rocks around 1000 mtrs were almost inevitable ;) , nice to see your 338 shoots as well as mine :D:D

Great photo Dave, got to love the .50's. I did spot your rifle on the point but didn't see you around maybe next time!

I really need to get a decent rangefinder though my google earth range map didnt work quite as planned. Maybe a barr and stroud or swaro LRF needs to be bought.

I forgot to ask the range warden (land marc bloke) if i can bring up some gong's next time ive got 1 ready just need a couple more. They should last a bit longer than rocks after a few hits.

No problem Andy i'll see you next time.

Sean.

I was using Matts cards and Bulletflight on I phone by the way, just swapping bettween the two.

First round connections with football sized rocks around 1000 mtrs were almost inevitable ;)

Sorry, just thought you picked the wrong font :wacko:

Sean, you should have had a squint through the guy,s next to me. A swiss ? vectronix . Ranges out to 3 kilometres, and very, very expensive. I seriously doubt that it was legal for civilian use, but then again, i dont think the gent was a civilian either.

made my leica 900 look like a kids kaliederscope. :lol:

yesterday opened my eyes somewhat, and gave me a hunger for knowledge on proper rangefinding, drop charts [real ones ] and serious long range ballistics.

I,ve realised i,ve been messing all these years, and now i have a capable calibre [.338] i want to make more of the first round hits , Ronin showed me how to do, yesterday. All down to correct, exterior ballistics.

Didn't notice the vectronix's but i did see a chap using one with a DSR in .338 at sennybridge. Theres a couple of folks on the hide with the Vector lV bought direct from vectronix USA but then again they can have a M2 over there as well.

I've heard that you wont get much if any change from £7-8000 though and at the minute a £800 swaro is a bit out of budget.

If i had the money i would of snapped THIS one up (£2500 i think)

yesterday opened my eyes somewhat, and gave me a hunger for knowledge on proper rangefinding, drop charts [real ones ] and serious long range ballistics.

I,ve realised i,ve been messing all these years, and now i have a capable calibre [.338] i want to make more of the first round hits , Ronin showed me how to do, yesterday. All down to correct, exterior ballistics.

OMG

finally, a Lancastrian get a compliment from a Yorkie :lol::o

All down to good accurate data Dave, get a set of cards from Matt and try it.

They work!

For those that weren't there, Baldie and I were shooting shells (howitzer I think) that were laying down on their side at ranges from 800 mtrs to just over 1000 mtrs.

The set up was, spot a target, range it, read come up data, input in scope and shoot (spotted).

Out of 12 shots or so bettween us doing this, I think we had a 90% hit rate.

The shells were (estimated) 6-8 inch diameter and a foot or so long.

"The set up was, spot a target, range it, read come up data, input in scope and shoot (spotted).

Out of 12 shots or so bettween us doing this, I think we had a 90% hit rate.

The shells were (estimated) 6-8 inch diameter and a foot or so long."

Are you showing off again :rolleyes::wub::lol:

Me, no,

Trying to convey how much fun it was!

Fortunatley, Saturday was a "no wind" day, could of course be a direct corrolation to:

a, me not opeing my mouth.

b, you not being there.

or c, a combination of the two!!

You were missed "old" chap ;):D

Archived