Tactical competition

Elwood

Hi Ian,

The Czech tactical comps are good......have a search in this section or on Vinces site - Rob Hunter has done some write ups.

Doing similar in the UK could be possible in Wales (Radnor?). Cost may be prohibitive. Rob or Rifle Craft may be a good start for info. Normal ranges are usually set to set firing points etc.

David

"We", thats Rob and I have discussed at length the possibility of setting up a Tactical Comp in the UK along the lines of the three day Tac comps in CZ.

Day one zero checks Am, then afternoon UKD, precision shoots and night shoot.

Day two UKD, stress tests, precision work.

Day three, stalk into firing position and take shot.

But there are problems with finding a suitable range, health and safety and cost.

Rob hoped to be able to arrange something that would allow competitors from europe the opprtunity to visit the UK and compete, but it looks like its in the too expensive, too hard to arrange and adminstrate at the moment.

Possible venues considered were Diggle, Radnor and the spot in where the steel plate challenge takes place in N Wales.

It may be that somethin is arranges in the future but as Robs away in a hot place at the moment, he wont be organising anything for a while at least.

If someone else wants to "step into the breach", there are lots of ideas for targets and courses of fire....

Hi have you tried, Andrew Venables this guy has MORE land then Radnor 5000 arces at learst ,with reactive targets always out could easy do this comp, i shoot quite often there bags of room and SAFE, give him a bell and go for a play, will open your eyes!!

vast area just drive along a track stop get on the bank and shoot and just keep doing thta all day long not even the same targets all different link; www.wms-firearmstraining.org

Hope this helps

Hi Glen

this place was high on the list, although if there were to be a "day three" stalk in and shoot, I am not sure what cover there is, to give people a fighting chance of getting into position without getting caught before the shot.

well it is a wild place with a various types of cover trees and long grass and the odd bog and good incline shooting with water back drop, take a visit or can arrange if you want,

Andrew, is that you? This is the gobby Army bloke who turns up with the jock and the fellow who shoots as well sitting unsupported as prone :)

Day one zero checks Am, then afternoon UKD, precision shoots and night shoot.

Day two UKD, stress tests, precision work.

Day three, stalk into firing position and take shot.

I'd strongly recommend that you delete day three, or at least make the stalk a simulated Highland stalk on a wounded beast, and call it a something other than 'tactical'.

As soon as you have a civvy with no (or an imagined ;) ) regular background (no names, no pack drill -but no one posting in this thread :lol: ) running a ghillied sniper shoot for civvies in UK, you've created a walter mitty convention.

...and that would be something to stay well away from. :)

Andrew, is that you? This is the gobby Army bloke who turns up with the jock and the fellow who shoots as well sitting unsupported as prone :)

I'd strongly recommend that you delete day three, or at least make the stalk a simulated Highland stalk on a wounded beast, and call it a something other than 'tactical'.

As soon as you have a civvy with no (or an imagined ;) ) regular background (no names, no pack drill -but no one posting in this thread :lol: ) running a ghillied sniper shoot for civvies in UK, you've created a walter mitty convention.

...and that would be something to stay well away from. :)

Brown Dog

We will meet soon !! speek to Ronin !!!

"As soon as you have a civvy with no (or an imagined ) regular background (no names, no pack drill -but no one posting in this thread ) running a ghillied sniper shoot for civvies in UK, you've created a walter mitty convention".

PMSL :lol::):)

Yes aggreed, there would be loads of ex "regiment" there eh complete with tatts, comms equipment and rolls and rolls of burlap....

Maybe the stalk is a better idea, anyway, but I don't honestly think that this would happen soon as the logistics are a nightmare.....

Can we replace the stalk with a bit of biathlon then? :lol: ........I think the brits loved it when they were over, even if they didn`t ask to do it on the second day.

There are a few minor issues as well with the UK....unlike the rest of Europe I think you need a temp UK FAC to bring, transport and use firearms into the UK as well as your EU Firearms Pass. Not major hassel but still.

This type of practical / tactical comp is also being run in Slovakia.

David.

The Czech comps are probably the most fun I have had at competitions,,,,,ever.

If it were possible to replicated them here that would be marvelous, but the firarms restrictions, obvious H&S issues and site availabilty are factors that require time to address.

Plus it would be damn expensive for the guys in europe to come here, stay and shoot, probably more than they could afford unfortunately.

So the tall ###### with the hangover does not get a mention then ? :lol: Fickle......

Tony

So the tall ###### with the hangover does not get a mention then ? :mad: Fickle......

Tony

I was listing our core multiple-attendance trio; 1000 apologies for the unintentioned slight in omitting mention of your visitant appearance ;):)

Archived