SAT NAV THEFT

Guest Sprags

I went out with Mrs Sprags the other afternoon in the car and on the way home we decided to call in at our local and have a couple of drinks. We parked the car in the mother in laws street as we have done numerous times before and planned to collect it the next day as we are not ones to drink and drive.

The next morning, yesterday, my mobile rang, I looked at the number and thought I dont know that one and ignored it, then my other mobile went and it was the same number. It rang off and thought I better ring em' back. Rang the number to be told by the kind gentleman on the other end that my car had been broken into, he stayed with the car until I got there bless him.

I looked in the boot as my binoculars and rangefinder were in there but they were still there, my digital camera which in the door panel part was still there, my wallet was still there. Then it hit me, my sat nav was gone out of the glove box, along with the bracket, lead and traffic lead. The guy who phoned me had notice the window smashed, had a look in and saw the glove box open, he then saw my business card and rang the numbers on the card.

It's cost me £75 excess for the window and £75 excess for the sat nav replacement. So I'm £150 out of pocket and my premium will no doubt go up. I truly hope the little bastards that have done this catch some incurable disease that rots their testicles from the inside out and causes a that which promotes growth and vigour load of pain.

Regards,Sprags

Guest varmartin

That's bad luck mate ......I heard these low life's go around looking for the round sucker marks left on the screen ...then break in and rob your sat nav...lucky really as they may have had the lot !

Sorry to hear that Sprags,

They are the scum of the earth, theres no other way to describe them, even if the w-----s get caught the punishment is no deterrent. Its about time they bought back public flogging, I personally would pay for a front seat ticket.

Cheers

Neil

It is the sat navs they chase

We got done over, only thing they took was the sat nav holder as the rest of it was in the boot, its worth carrying some screen wipes to rub the sucker marks of the window, espeacially in some areas

it saves a whole lot of chew in the long run

chester

It is the sat navs they chase

We got done over, only thing they took was the sat nav holder as the rest of it was in the boot, its worth carrying some screen wipes to rub the sucker marks of the window, espeacially in some areas

chester

Same with expensive radar detectors here. Even the sight of a bracket will entice the mongrels to break in.

Left my M5 -in a hotel carpark building- in Wellington (capital) and came out in the morning to find the passenger window smashed in and glass throughout the whole cabin. Valentine detector plus a dig camera in the glovebox gone. The real pisser was the 2 hours it took to have the glass vacuumed out and then having to drive 300km back home with a temp plastic window deafening me.

Yep, I too thought of the various tortures that could be used on the culprits

Chris-NZ

iv left my keys in the car the other night ,and iv left all the windows down on my motors over night in summer .for some reason they leave my stuff well alone ;) mind you when i hit the big citys i put stuff away and trust no one ..satnavs are cheep ,i got one the other day for £25 it was a £275 when new and works a treat and i know the guy so i know its straight ..did you know if you get the older model you can up date it to new ..e-bay is the place to look, up date disc £19.99 that will turn mine in to a tv and 3d ..so there no need to buy a new one ;)

Still the biggest cause of vehicle crime is the incentives left by the owners;

items left on show in the car, sucker marks from portable sat-nav, etc etc.

Takes 10 seconds to get into a car with stone, piece of ceramic or golf ball.....

Five mins taking your possessions out the car would prevent becoming a target.

The punishment dished out by the courts is an ineffective deterrant.

However, these people have rights, stocks and public flogging are no longer used...

The same perpetrators of these crimes are the first to sqeal if they lose benefits, have their houses taken from them or god forbid they lose their "script" for their methodone.....

One day, the wheel will turn full circle and some balance will come back, untill that time, help yourselves to prevent becoming a victim, cos no one else will ;)

Sorry for being blunt, but thats the way it is..

Still the biggest cause of vehicle crime is the incentives left by the owners;

items left on show in the car, sucker marks from portable sat-nav, etc etc.

Takes 10 seconds to get into a car with stone, piece of ceramic or golf ball.....

Five mins taking your possessions out the car would prevent becoming a target.

The punishment dished out by the courts is an ineffective deterrant.

However, these people have rights, stocks and public flogging are no longer used...

The same perpetrators of these crimes are the first to sqeal if they lose benefits, have their houses taken from them or god forbid they lose their "script" for their methodone.....

One day, the wheel will turn full circle and some balance will come back, untill that time, help yourselves to prevent becoming a victim, cos no one else will ;)

Sorry for being blunt, but thats the way it is..

Not blunt Ronin, true is the word I would use!

Try 2 secs- some of them apparently use a pre-cocked heavy centrepunch, put it against the side window and it's like a shotgun has hit it. These things are small enough to keep in a pocket.

Chris-NZ

Try 2 secs- some of them apparently use a pre-cocked heavy centrepunch, put it against the side window and it's like a shotgun has hit it. These things are small enough to keep in a pocket.

Chris-NZ

Yeah, I've heard of them, like a spring loaded centre punch.

I know about the spring loaded puches its the use of golf balls that has me confused ;)

TC

I haven't the foggiest TC, maybe it's just thrown very hard at the glass.

Sprags

Problem is these scum go to prison or Detention center and you may as well send them to university.

A mate was an mot tester and the place had some cars for sale. One day some scrots turns up and he keeps an eye on them. Next minute they've disappeared. Goes out to have a look and they jumped out of the Nova (a few years ago!) and ran off. A quick look round no damage but the ignition lights were on. Funny no damage, no keys whats going on here then.

They knew that they only had to refit the hazard light switch upside down and the ignition was back fed. Snap steering lock and away.

The system wants overalling, Tony Martin fell foul but understandably so.

Indeed, thrown golf ball vs window = shattered glass.

Fair enough, if stopped I suppose a golf ball would be innocuous, just struck me as an odd thing to use!

I'm clearly out of touch with the scumbag classes...

TC

Indeed, thrown golf ball vs window = shattered glass.

Fair enough, if stopped I suppose a golf ball would be innocuous, just struck me as an odd thing to use!

I'm clearly out of touch with the scumbag classes...

TC

Problem is these scum go to prison or Detention center and you may as well send them to university.

A mate was an mot tester and the place had some cars for sale. One day some scrots turns up and he keeps an eye on them. Next minute they've disappeared. Goes out to have a look and they jumped out of the Nova (a few years ago!) and ran off. A quick look round no damage but the ignition lights were on. Funny no damage, no keys whats going on here then.

They knew that they only had to refit the hazard light switch upside down and the ignition was back fed. Snap steering lock and away.

The system wants overalling, Tony Martin fell foul but understandably so.

What Tony Martin did was very stupid.... he should have given the second pikey another barrel then there would have been no-one around to whinge!

Spraggs

Be you yer guard matey, I have heard of the scrotes nicking the SAT NAV and getting your home address from it and then burglaring your home ;):)

As a tip I always have my home address about half a mile away just in case this happens to me so I know the B*&^%$ds can't rob me when I'm out and I know where I am when getting close to home so it don't matter to me the SAT NAV has the wrong address.

OA

That just Sucks.

Need to adopt this system.

Caught stealing....Cut off a hand,and brand a T (for thief) in the forehead.

Caught lying....Remove the tongue and brand an L (liar) in forehead.

Execute all Kiddie Molesters,Druggies,Murderers and Criminal Defense Lawyers.

Rapists get special treatment....

A letter R branded in the forehead.

Removal of complete and entire parts and organs.

The surgery to be performed with a rusty butter knife,and no anesthesia or stitches.

Leave nothing but the little tube the urine flows thru.

Declare it a civic duty,that everyone that passes by a person with an R brand

is required to thump them with a baseball bat or tire iron.

No head strikes.

And then watch what happens to the crime rate.

308Panther

An American advocating the Taleban justice system?! ;);)

Spraggs

Be you yer guard matey, I have heard of the scrotes nicking the SAT NAV and getting your home address from it and then burglaring your home ;);)

As a tip I always have my home address about half a mile away just in case this happens to me so I know the B*&^%$ds can't rob me when I'm out and I know where I am when getting close to home so it don't matter to me the SAT NAV has the wrong address.

OA

This is a very valid point OA.

Happening more often, they steal the sat nav, usually they are not password protected when powered up.

Once up and running they hit the recents or "Home" button in directions and are taken to your address.

So whilst you are reporting the theft to the Law or having your window glass replaced (or even still doing whatever you were doing totally oblivious to the first crime)

They are paying a visit to your home....

Again, protect yourselves and be a bit pro-active.

Remove the home address from the memory of the device and if possible make it password protect on power up - if it has that function.

Archived