Finally.

The bad side to being busy, is that your own guns have to take a back seat, as does the shooting of them. This is the .338 i,ve been piddling around with for the last 6 months, on and off. i,ve shot it twice at 1000 yards, and the best group it managed was 8" on a windy day. It shoots the 250 grain scenars fairly well. i tested it yesterday at 100 yards with the 300 grain version, and got a shock. it shot two groups of just under .2". I now cannot wait to try it at 1000 with these, as they have a bc of around.780 as i recall.

I finally got it stripped and painted. Its a pattern called advanced tiger stripe, the main colour being woodland tan, then matt black, and cooler green stripes, with the odd bit of tiger stripe brown, here and there. Pig of a job, that took over 12 hours to do....but i think the end result was worth it.

cid_790F54C5-84E8-41A6-9329-DF92677.jpg

cid_6C816864-C403-4FD3-92DD-B715295.jpg

cid_3F108426-D2CC-4F16-9734-77376E1.jpg

Yep, the recoil pad is missing.....we dont use them ooop north..... ;)

John,

Very few actually get put on the site, but we do try and get pics of all the custom guns for a folder/album i intend to put together for in the shop.

Moses,

The brake was one of four made for me by Russ Gall in Scotland, and absolute top quality too.Russ was, at the time, the only guy making them on his cnc lathe, but i can now get them locally, at the place we have our recievers done.

It had an A-tec mmc on originally, and that did its job very well, but the heat haze was too bad after 3 rounds, rendering it unusable, so i fitted the brake instead.Its far more efficient in taming recoil, and this gun now shoots like an average .308 recoil wise.

Nice

I have some 300 SMK's left over that shoot pretty good in mine.

Although the bulk box of 250 SMK also shoots (better) - welcome to try some 300 SMK if you want.

Stick the 17th October in your "my little pony diary" (or whatever you Yorkies use) :lol:

As its Warcop and a guest day, so you can stretch the beastie to 3000 mtrs if you can see that far..........

Looks like a very nice beastie you have there Dave!!!! :lol: :lol:

Just the thing for longer range fruit slaying!!! :lol::)

Have fun and all the best...............

RAY................................

Andy, i,ll check the diary [ask er indoors] :lol: That sounds good.

Snap, excellent news buddy...didn,t realise there were 400 yard fields in the emerald isle....

Archived